Disclaimer: BlueBet Sportsbook is not online in Virginia. This review is speculative and will be updated once BlueBet launches in VA. In the meantime, you can check out these Virginia online sportsbooks that are live.
Founded in Australia, BlueBet Sportsbook has already established a reputation for itself “down under.” And in an attempt to help establish itself in the US, BlueBet welcomes new users with a generous welcome bonus worth up to $100.
The self-funded sports betting site has been around since 2015 and now is expanding to the US. Although the BlueBet name isn’t synonymous with sports betting in the US yet, it has announced plans to offer sports betting in Virginia, Colorado, Maryland and other states.
Read the full review below for what we expect BlueBet to offer Virginia bettors, including bets you can place, promos and a welcome bonus, and customer support and banking options.
BlueBet Sportsbook Virginia bonus code 2022
To claim the BlueBet welcome bonus, create an account at the online sportsbook and follow the listed terms and conditions. You’ll need to be 21 or older to do so in Virginia.
|Online Sportsbook||Blue Bet Sportsbook Virginia|
|Welcome Bonus||100% matched bonus (maximum of $100)|
|Last Updated||May 2022|
BlueBet Virginia sign-up bonus — the requirements
Once you’ve created an account, you’ll need to make a minimum deposit of $10, with a maximum bonus of $100 available to claim.
The value deposited by the bettor reflects the size of the bonus available with a 100% match offered by the sportsbook. Bettors should be aware that these bonus funds come with some terms and conditions that make things a little trickier.
However, players should not become too frustrated, and although there are a handful of requirements enforced on the bonus, these won’t break the bank or your spirit. A small and simple 1x play-through requirement is the biggest sting that bettors will find with the bonus stake not included in any winning returns.
Bonus funds can be used to place bets on any sports market found at the BlueBet site, allowing players to get a true feel of the betting platform with minimal risk of their own funds.
Can I trust BlueBet Sportsbook in Virginia?
BlueBet is a relatively new name in the US, but it is legit and trustworthy. To launch in Virginia, it will have needed to receive a license from the Virginia Lottery, which monitors and regulates online sportsbooks in the state. In addition, BlueBet employs a variety of security measures to protect customer data.
As part of being a legal online sportsbook in Virginia, BlueBet will require bettors to be 21 or older to sign up and bet at the site, and you’ll also need to be within the state whenever you want to place a bet.
Getting started at BlueBet Sportsbook in VA
To sign up at BlueBet, head to the sportsbook site and follow the onscreen instructions, starting with the sign-up button on the page. New players will need to create an account at BlueBet before they can get started betting on any sport. You’ll also need to provide the following personal info:
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Phone number
- Postal address
- Last four digits of your Social Security number
You’ll also need to confirm that you are 21 or older and that you accept the terms and conditions. BlueBet will verify that you are old enough to create an account when you sign up.
How do I download the BlueBet app?
Bettors looking to download/install the BlueBet sportsbook app, whether for an Apple or Android device, can do so by clicking the link to the mobile page at the site. Then select your device type (iOS or Android) to download the app to your device. Following the download, you can use the app to log in to your account and begin placing bets.
As a bit of advice, though, if you’re a new user, we recommend creating your account on the sportsbook website before downloading the app for a more streamlined process when you go to start the download.
Where do I find BlueBet VA promotions?
The available and frequently rotating promotions at BlueBet are some of the best features of the sportsbook. You can see what’s available under the tab of the same name under the main menus of both the sportsbook website and app. Here you’ll be able to find the latest bonuses for new and existing bettors.
BlueBet regularly features time-sensitive promotions tied to current sporting events and big games. With past promotions based on NFL, NBA and MLB games, the sportsbook offers promos to suit a variety of sports fans.
Why should I choose the BlueBet Sportsbook app?
BlueBet is a quality sportsbook in many different ways. Here are some of the aspects that stood out from our review:
- Promotions: A good selection of promotions is a must in the current climate of sportsbooks. With its welcome bonus and a handful of seasonal and time-sensitive promos, BlueBet ticks this box nicely.
- Selection of sports: A sportsbook, at its core, needs to do really well at offering one thing — sports betting. BlueBet gives players the option to bet on a range of sports using a variety of betting options.
- Banking options: Banking is a huge part of just about everything we do in our daily lives, so it should be an important part of sportsbooks, too. We’re pleased to find the number and quality of ways to pay at BlueBet are what you would expect from a high-level online betting company.
What won’t I like about the BlueBet Sportsbook app?
Here are some areas that were a bit of a disappointment at BlueBet and that we’d like to see the sportsbook address:
- No loyalty program: Although there’s huge competition in the sportsbook world, BlueBet does not currently advertise any form of rewards program for existing players.
- Simple brand identity: You wouldn’t think that this would affect the sportsbook — and in a broad sense, it doesn’t. But the brand identity of BlueBet seems a little weak and lacking in personality, potentially stopping some players from returning to the site.
What kind of bets can I place at BlueBet sports betting?
The betting markets showcase some of the best features available at BlueBet, allowing you to wager on a wide selection of sports using a variety of bets like the following:
- Moneylines: Bet on one side or the other to win the game.
- Point spreads: If you’re betting on the favorite, you’re rooting for that team to win by more than the spread number the sportsbook has set. The underdog, meanwhile, would need to avoid losing by more than the spread.
- Totals: Bet on the total combined score of the game, regardless of which team wins. The sportsbook will set a line before the start of the action, and then you can bet whether the actual total score will be over or under that line.
- Props: If you’re looking for a little side-bet action, it’s a prop bet that you’re going to be interested in. These are generally bets on something separate from the final score, such as wagers on particular game events. For example, the total number of fouls committed by one team.
- Parlays: Combine multiple individual wagers into a single, high-risk, high-reward bet. The only problem is that all of your picks must win or you come away with nothing.
- Round robins: When the thought of a parlay sounds just a little bit too risky, you could opt for a round-robin, instead. These are similar to parlays with the difference being that you can still win some money if you don’t win all of your picks.
- Live betting: Place bets on the game as the events unfold. This can be a lot of fun if you want to bet on your phone while watching the game in person or at a bar, for instance.
- Futures: The opposite side of the sliding scale from live betting. These are bets on events and outcomes that often are much farther down the line, such as the overall champion of the season.
Can I bet on the Washington Football Team at BlueBet Sportsbook?
BlueBet offers a large number of options to fans of the Washington Football Team, as well as wagers on the NFL in general. In addition to the options above, here are some other football-style bets you’ll come across:
- Player prop bets: These bets are specific to the players in a particular game. If you feel that one player is going to perform incredibly well (or very poorly), you can bet on the outcome at BlueBet.
- Half and quarter bets: Waiting until the end of the game to settle a bet determined by the whistle can feel like an eternity. Instead, you can bet on the outcomes of individual quarters and halves if you so choose.
- Anytime, last and first touchdown scorers: Got your eye on a player or two who you think will score one or more touchdowns? You’ll find a bet for that, too. At BlueBet, you’re able to predict anytime, last or first touchdown scorers during the game.
- Turnover and penalty prop bets: Predict the number of penalties or turnovers during a game. The outcome depends on official NFL data.
How do I get money on (and off!) BlueBet Sportsbook quickly?
BlueBet makes banking a priority, giving you the option to use a good selection of the top banking solutions available for both withdrawals and deposits.
The table of deposit methods isn’t anything out of the ordinary if you’re used to looking at high-quality sportsbooks — which is very much a good thing. You’ll need to meet a $10 minimum deposit for the bulk of the available options. Wire transfers do require a larger minimum, and the PayNearMe option could take up to 48 hours to process:
|Deposit Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|PayNearMe||$10||Up to 48 Hours|
|Online Bank Transfer||$10||Instant|
|Bank Wire Transfer||$50||Instant|
|Visa, Mastercard, Discover Credit/Debit Cards||$10||Instant|
|Play+ Prepaid Card||$10||Instant|
The quoted minimum withdrawal value, as with deposits, sits at $10, with a processing time of up to five days when cashing out. However, this time can be much shorter; five days is just the maximum.
|Withdrawal Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|ACH (e-check)||$500||Up to 5 Days|
|PayPal||$10||Up to 5 Days|
|Online Bank Transfer||$10||Up to 5 Days|
|Play+ Prepaid Card||$10||Up to 5 Days|
How do I get help at BlueBet online sportsbook?
To start with, you can try to find an answer yourself in BlueBet’s FAQ section. This details a large amount of information related to betting accounts, sports betting and terminology. If the FAQ can’t solve it, you can contact customer service directly via a handful of channels, including via phone and online live chat.
How do I exclude myself from BlueBet?
Players struggling to gamble responsibly are able to either take a break from BlueBet or exclude themselves permanently from the sportsbook.
You can access the self-exclusion options from the responsible gambling page at the BlueBet site, where you will also find useful information and contact options. You can opt for either a break or a permanent exclusion, locking yourself out of your account for a predetermined amount of time.
Consider also familiarizing yourself with both the available limits and any responsible gambling tips before you even sign up at the sportsbook.
Can I bet at BlueBet Sportsbook in person?
At this time, BlueBet does not have a physical sportsbook in Virginia. BlueBet started out in Australia as an online-only sports betting company, and although the sportsbook may allow for in-person betting in the state, it does not look likely right now.
How does BlueBet compare to other Virginia sportsbooks?
At the time of writing, it isn’t easy to compare BlueBet with other sportsbooks offering their services in Virginia due to the relative newness of the industry in the state.
From early impressions, it seems that BlueBet offers good banking options, a solid selection of promotions, a strong welcome bonus and helpful customer service. Do not, however, expect a rewards program.
Is BlueBet licensed in Virginia?
Yes. To launch in the state, BlueBet will need to have received a license from the Virginia Lottery, which regulates sports betting in the state.
What is the minimum age to bet at BlueBet Sportsbook in Virginia?
You need to be 21 or older to legally bet on sports in Virginia. BlueBet will check your age when you create an account.
Do I need to download the app to bet at BlueBet online?
No. The app is a helpful option for betting from a mobile device, but you can always use the sportsbook website instead on your computer and mobile browser.
What is the minimum deposit at BlueBet Sportsbook?
It depends on the method, but in most cases, you’ll need to make a minimum deposit of $10.
Does BlueBet charge fees for withdrawals?
BlueBet Sportsbook does not charge any fees for withdrawals, though the financial provider you use to make the transaction might, so you may want to check beforehand.