Best Free Bet Bonuses and Offers
Online sportsbooks and sportsbook apps free bet offers and promotions to get you to try their sports betting app. The hope is you’ll like it and make that particular one your go-to sportsbook.
You can take advantage of that by signing up for every free bet offer out there. In total, they can add up to hundreds of dollars and kickstart your betting bankroll.
We’ll show you how these free bet bonuses work, the best promotions available in Virginia, and how you can claim them all.
Best Virginia sportsbook promotions and bonus offers
How do free bet sports bonuses work?
Most Virginia online sportsbooks have one of three free bet offers. Those include:
- Free bets on sign up: Sign up for an account and get one or a series of free sports bets, no deposit required.
- Free bets on your first deposit: Sign up for an account, make a deposit using the secure deposit methods available, and get one or a series of free bets.
- Risk-free first bets: Requires that you sign up for an account, make a deposit, and place a bet. If you win that bet you collect as normal. However, if you lose that bet the sportsbook will give you a refund in the form of a free bet.
Always read the terms and conditions on a free bet offer so you know exactly how it works. You’ll often find that when it comes to free sports bets on sign up, sportsbooks will keep the stake on winning bets. Free bet bonuses on your first deposit and risk free bets might be limited to a certain size.
You may also be restricted to betting on a certain range of odds, and the free bet offer will almost always be limited to one per household. That way, you can’t game the system by betting on sure things or opening multiple accounts and claiming bonuses on behalf of all your friends, relatives, and house pets.
In addition, it’s important to remember that free bet bonus offers are just that. In other words, you can’t just take the money and run. You’ll have to bet with it first. Then, any money you win with your free bets will be yours to do with as you please.
How to claim your free sports bet
Free sports bet offers differ from book to book. In general, the best way to claim these offers is to:
- Click through via the table above or on the sportsbook’s review page on this site
- Jot down any bonus code or promo code required to claim the offer
- Click through on our exclusive link to that sportsbook
Then, just sign up through the landing page and enter (when prompted) any bonus code or promo code required to claim the offer. These links and bonus codes or promo codes ensure you get the best bonus available.
Here’s a look at some of the leading online sportsbooks and sportsbook apps coming to Virginia, the free bet bonuses they offer, and how you can claim them:
A popular US online sportsbook, the DraftKings Sportsbook, was one of the first to land in Virginia. New players at DraftKings Sportsbook in Virginia will get a $50 free bet on a $5 minimum deposit when signing up for an account.
You’ll also get a 20% match bonus on your first deposit up to $1,000. All told, that’s $1,050 in free or risk-free bets for new players at DraftKings Sportsbook after signing up.
There is no bonus code or promo code required to claim the offer; just sign up through our exclusive DraftKings Sportsbook link.
BetMGM brings one of the biggest names in US gaming to Virginia alongside its own risk free bet bonus up to $1,000.
Click on our exclusive link to create an account with BetMGM Sportsbook and enter the bonus code PLAYBONUS when prompted. Then, make your first bet on BetMGM up to $1,000. If you lose your bet, BetMGM will refund it with free bets you can use on just about any sports you like.
Caesars entered the Virginia sports betting market in February 2021. One of the most iconic brand names in global gaming circles, the bookmaker isn’t relying on its reputation alone as the company looks to gain traction in a new spot.
New users are eligible for first bet insurance of up to $1,100. To access this stellar offer, you’ll need to click through on our exclusive links to sign-up. Enter the code LEGALCZR when prompted and make your first deposit of at least $50. Place a first-time wager of up to $1,100, get it back in the form of a Free Bet if you lose.
It’s not withdrawable and has a playthrough requirement that must be met within seven days. Any winnings obtained from the free bets are yours to do with as you wish. This is a fantastic way to try out one of the top books in the industry, so click through and get started.
The BetRivers Sportsbook is the Rivers Casino chain’s entry into the world of US online sports betting. It launched in Virginia in January 2021.
BetRivers will bring with it the company’s 100% first deposit match of up to $250 for new players. Sign up for a new account through our exclusive link, use the affiliate code PLAY250 when prompted, make a deposit of $250, and $250 in free bets will be yours to use within 2-5 days. Then, you’ve got 30 days to use the free bets or lose them.
FanDuel Sportsbook was the first to launch in Virginia in January 2021. New players at FanDuel Sportsbook in Virginia will be entitled to a risk-free first bet when they sign up for an account and make a deposit.
If you win that first bet, your account will be credited with the winnings as normal. But if you lose, FanDuel will refund the amount of the bet in site credit, up to $1,000, within 72 hours.
You can’t withdraw this site credit, so it is essentially a free bet you can use to bet the Super Bowl, the draft or any sporting event of your choice. If this bet wins, you can do whatever you like with the winnings. However, there’s a one-time playthrough requirement that’s going to force you to bet the stake again before you can withdraw it.
Once again, there’s no bonus code or promo code required to claim the risk free first bet offer from FanDuel. Just sign up through our exclusive link and it’s yours.
A well-known name in global gaming circles, Unibet continues to expand its reach in the US. The company debuted its sports betting platform in Virginia in April 2021, marking its fourth point of entry on our shores behind successful launches in NJ, PA, and IN.
To welcome customers with open arms, Unibet is going all out with a fantastic sign-up offer. To access the bonus, you need to click through on our exclusive links and be sure to use the bonus code BETBONUS. Users who make a deposit of at least $10 are eligible for a risk-free bet of up to $100. If you lose, you’ll get refunded in credits which then have to be played through on-site. Just click through on our links to try out Unibet in risk-free fashion.
In March 2021, WynnBet officially launched in Virginia. If the name sounds familiar, you’re on the right track as this offering comes our way from the team behind Wynn Resorts, the operator of high-end casino properties that includes its flagship location in Las Vegas.
WynnBet is now available in several states with its eyes set on additional expansion. As has been the case in other locales entered to date, the company is looking to make its mark in Virginia. To that end, there’s a fantastic sign-up offer for our readers to take advantage of.
All you need to do is click through on our exclusive links and you’ll be eligible for a risk-free bet of up to $200. There’s no promo code required, but you will need to make a minimum deposit of $20 to qualify for the offer. Afterward, make your first bet. If you lose, you’ll be refunded the amount of the wager up to the max offer in site credits, which have a playthrough requirement and expiration date. To take advantage of this great offer, just click our links and you’ll be on the way.
Types of free bet offers & promotions
While they all amount to free bets, there are several different types of free bet bonuses available at Virginia online and mobile sportsbooks. These are:
- Risk-free bets: A risk-free bet promises a refund in the form of site credit if you lose your first bet of up to a specified amount. Sign up, make a deposit, and make a bet to claim this type of free bet bonus. Collect any winnings normally, but if you lose that bet you’ll get a refund in the form of site credit, which amounts to a free bet.
- Deposit match bonus: A deposit match bonus gives you a percentage of the amount you deposit in site credit bonus. Sign up and deposit funds to claim this type of free bet bonus. The site credit you get amounts to a free bet or series of bets, depending on how you choose to use it.
- Money-back free bets: Money back free bets are like risk free bets in that they promise a refund in the form of site credit if you lose. Sign up, make a deposit, and make a bet to claim this type of free bet bonus. Collect any winnings on the bets as normal, but if you lose any of these bets you’ll get a refund in the form of site credit, which will amount to a free bet.
- Free bets on sign up: A free bet on sign up offer promises to award you with site credit just for signing up for an account. Sign up to claim this type of free bet bonus. Then, use the free bets as specified to try to turn nothing into something.
Are risk free bet offers worth it?
Many of the risk free promotions available at Virginia sportsbooks will give you the chance to build a betting bankroll out of nothing. These are worth signing up for. Take the free cash, make the free bets.
If you’re thinking of taking advantage of a risk free bet offer as a new player, you’ll need to decide whether you think you can win at least one of your first two bets. It’s certainly worth it if you can.
Deposit-match bonuses are certainly worth taking advantage of if you plan on depositing with an online sportsbook and betting regularly. If that’s the case, these types of free bet deposit bonuses are perfect for you. You can use the free bets to bet on the NFL, MLB and even the UFC in Virginia.
Overall, most free bet offers available at Virginia online sportsbooks are worth it. Just read the terms and conditions on the offer so you know what you’re getting yourself into.
Keep track of the limits and wagering requirements and remember that free bets are not just free money, they are free money you can only use to place bets.
Read the terms and conditions
No matter what size, shape, or form a risk-free bet offer comes in there will most likely be certain restrictions attached. Online sportsbooks in Virginia may restrict:
- The size of a risk-free bet or deposit eligible for a match bonus
- The range of odds you can use a free bet on, limiting your ability to bet on sure things
- The number of free bet bonuses you can claim per household, stopping you from claiming bonuses on behalf of others in your family
- What sports or events you can use free bets on
- Your ability to withdraw funds until certain deposit or wagering requirements are met
Just remember to read the terms and conditions on any free bet bonus before you sign up. That way you’ll know what’s required of you and what kind of restrictions are attached.