Disclaimer: Hard Rock Sportsbook is not online in Virginia yet, this review is speculative and will be updated when it goes live. In the meantime, check out these online sportsbooks that are live in Virginia.
Hard Rock Sportsbook is somewhat of a new kid on the sports betting block, but it could soon be making its presence known in Virginia. The online sportsbook offers some nice perks to new and existing customers, including a $100 risk-free first bet as a welcome bonus.
The operator utilizes Scientific Games’ OpenSports platform, delivering a quality user experience across desktop and mobile devices. What’s more, users can download the sportsbook app and place bets from wherever they are in Virginia.
This review will take a look at Hard Rock Online Sportsbook’s strengths and weaknesses. We’ll go over the site’s key aspects and how they might work for you.
Hard Rock Sportsbook VA sign-up bonus 2022
Hard Rock Sportsbook provides its customers with a one-time $100 risk free bet. When you claim the bonus and place a bet of $100 or more, if the bet loses, you receive a refund of $100 in cash into your account.
|Online Sportsbook||Hard Rock Sportsbook Virginia|
|Promo Code||None - Use Links|
|Risk Free Bet||$100|
|Last Updated||May 2022|
Hard Rock Sportsbook welcome bonus requirements
To claim Hard Rock’s risk-free bet, you’ll need to make a deposit of at least $100. You’ll then need to opt in to the bonus on the online sportsbook and place a bet for $100 or more within seven days of opting in.
If that bet loses, Hard Rock will provide a refund of $100 in cash. Note that you can claim this bonus only once, and your initial bet can’t be a bet on futures or outright events.
Can I trust Hard Rock Sportsbook?
Yes, Hard Rock is trustworthy. It is an iconic brand with nearly half a century of experience in the gambling industry. It made its first foray into online sports betting in 2019, with its New Jersey launch. Virginia would be an additional step in its expansion plans.
Furthermore, the Virginia Lottery licenses and monitors all legal sportsbooks in the state to ensure fair and safe operations. According to Virginia laws, you have to be at least 21 to join an online sportsbook and play for real money. You’ll also need to be within state lines to place a bet.
Getting started at Hard Rock Sportsbook in Virginia
New customers at Hard Rock Virginia won’t have to jump through many hoops to get started. In fact, the whole registration process will take but a few minutes of your time:
- Visit the site.
- Click on the sign-up button (upper left corner of the page).
- If you’re a member of Hard Rock’s rewards club, hit the Wild Card Sign Up and enter your credentials. Otherwise, opt for the second option (Create New Account).
- Type in your email, full name, address, last four digits of your Social Security number and phone number.
- That’s it. With your account ready, you can head to the cashier and make the qualifying deposit for the welcome bonus.
How do I download the Hard Rock Sportsbook app?
Much like other upper-echelon sportsbooks, Hard Rock offers apps for iOS and Android. The app is sleek, user-friendly and easy to download. To get the app on your phone or tablet, head to the Hard Rock Sportsbook site and select either “Get it on Android” or “Download on the App Store,” depending on your device.
The app is a mini version of the Hard Rock Sportsbook website, meaning you can use all the functions offered on the main site — place bets, get help, make payments, etc.
Where do I find Hard Rock sports betting promotions?
For a breakdown of all ongoing promos, open the promotions tab on the left side. There are typically plenty of deals for existing customers, although some are reserved for online casino users in states where that is legal.
The lineup usually includes a refer-a-friend promo, giving you a chance to earn a small cash bonus by referring a friend to Hard Rock. You may also come across an odds boost for a specific bet or game. By activating this promotion, you’ll get a better price for a specific bet than you would otherwise.
Why should I choose the Hard Rock Sportsbook app?
Hard Rock has plenty of qualities, which comes as no surprise given its brand recognition. Here are some of our favorites that came up during our review:
- User-friendly platform: Hard Rock’s layout is as simple as it gets. All the key icons and menus display clearly. There isn’t much content or excessive graphic elements, allowing for smooth navigation. Its stability also excels — it rarely crashes, freezes or exhibits any performance malfunctions.
- Welcome bonus: While the amount of $100 is smaller than you might see for many other risk-free bets, what sets Hard Rock’s welcome bonus apart is that it truly is a risk-free bet. Meaning you get the refund in cash that you can use as you wish, not free bets that you must wager again.
- Solid market coverage: While it’s true that Hard Rock offers a smaller range of sports than some competitors, it does feature all the mainstream options. This includes all the major sports and a decent range of secondary markets like MMA, soccer and tennis.
What won’t I like about the Hard Rock Sportsbook app?
Hard Rock appears to be on the right track to becoming a force in the betting industry, but at the moment some of its features don’t match its top rivals. Here are a couple of the main issues we saw:
- Lack of betting amenities: Unlike other sportsbooks, Hard Rock doesn’t offer any betting extras or widgets like live streaming, custom bets or similar features.
- Weak promotional lineup: Most of the promotions for existing customers are casino-oriented, not much use in a state like Virginia that does not allow online casino betting. We didn’t see any live betting offers or insurance deals, while the odds boost is seldom available.
What kind of bets can I make at Hard Rock Sportsbook?
Hard Rock offers all the bets you would expect of a sportsbook of its stature. Here is an example of what you’ll see as a standard game listing, as well as explanations for all the most common bets you’ll come across.
|New England Patriots||+6.5 (-110)||Over 50.5 (-110)||+280|
|Los Angeles Rams||-6.5 (-110)||Under 50.5 (-110)||-320|
- Moneylines: You pick the winner of the game, and that’s it. In the above example, the New England Patriots have positive odds, which shows us that they’re the underdogs in this showdown. If you place a $100 bet on them and win, you’ll make a $280 profit. The Los Angeles Rams, meanwhile, are the favorites, and deliver a much smaller payout. More specifically, you’d have to wager $320 for a chance to win $100.
- Spreads: The spread is a metric that aims to place the two sides on equal footing, despite their discrepancy in skill. The Rams are at -6.5, which indicates that they must win by seven or more points for a spread bet on them to win. Being the underdogs, the Patriots can lose by six or fewer points and still have spread bets on them win. The odds for a bet on either side are the standard -110.
- Totals: Place a bet on the total combined score of the game. It doesn’t matter which team wins. For example, in the game above, the sportsbook has set the line at 50.5, so you can bet that the actual total score will be over or under that line.
- Props: Hard Rock doesn’t offer a ton of prop bets like you might find at many other sites. These are bets on a specific occurrence within a game; in most cases, a statistical milestone. Common examples include player props in the NBA, where you may bet on the total number of points/rebounds/assists by a particular player, for instance.
- Futures: Unlike other straight bets that focus on individual games, futures betting covers an entire tournament, championship run or season. Popular options include betting on the winner of the next Super Bowl, World Series or Stanley Cup. Futures odds are typically available months in advance and fluctuate as the market plays out.
- Parlays: A multi-bet that combines several wagers into one. The payout increases greatly with the number of added selections. The downside is that to win anything, you must get all of your picks correct.
- Round robins: Similar to a parlay, but in this instance you can still win some money if you don’t get all of your picks correct.
- Teasers: This a form of a parlay that allows you to adjust the spread or the total line for all of the games in your favor.
- Live betting: Hard Rock’s offering of live bets is as good as any. If you opt for this type of wager, you’ll be betting on events in a game as it takes place. In the live betting menu, you’ll find versions of most of the previously mentioned bets. The catch here is that the odds and lines can shift rapidly to reflect what’s happening in the game. So timing is of utmost importance.
Can I bet on the Washington Nationals at Hard Rock Sportsbook?
Yes, Hard Rock runs the gamut when it comes to the big four major North American sports. You can bet on the Washington Nationals as well as the rest of MLB and teams from the NFL, NBA and NHL. That said, you might come across a few bets that are distinct to baseball:
- Innings betting: You can place a moneyline, spread or total bet on a specific number of innings. For instance, you can bet the Nationals will lead after the first five innings or that they won’t score any runs in the opening inning.
- Props: You can bet on whether the game will go to extra innings. This is a yes/no proposition that’s available for nearly every MLB matchup.
- MLB futures: Hard Rock takes futures bets on the winners of both leagues (the American League and National League). These wagers typically come with long odds and big payouts.
How do I get money on (and off) Hard Rock VA Sportsbook quickly?
Hard Rock offers several payment methods for depositing funds, as follows:
- ACH (c-check)
- Credit/debit card (Visa or Mastercard)
- Hard Rock Play+
The withdrawal options are a bit narrow. You can withdraw your winnings via either ACH or bank transfer. The average turnaround time is 72 hours, which is in line with other sportsbooks.
How do I get help at Hard Rock Sportsbook?
This is yet another aspect where Hard Rock could stand to improve. There are only two ways to get in touch with customer support at the moment — email and live chat. The live chat service is available from 6 a.m. to 3 a.m. every day. You can reach out via email at [email protected], but you won’t receive immediate assistance. On top of these contact channels, you can look for answers to your queries on the FAQ page. It covers various topics like banking, bonuses and general betting rules, to name a few.
How do I exclude myself from Hard Rock Sportsbook?
Hard Rock responsibly handles its betting operations and offers you several tools to manage your gameplay. You can impose deposit, spending and/or time limits. Via its responsible gambling section, the sportsbook offers educational material, resources and support for those combating problem gambling.
Can I bet at Hard Rock Virginia Sportsbook in person?
Hard Rock doesn’t currently have retail facilities in Virginia, although the company has announced plans to launch a gambling property in Bristol. This will likely serve as an entrance point for Hard Rock’s online sportsbook in Old Dominion.
How does Hard Rock compare to other Virginia sportsbooks?
Although Hard Rock has put together a solid all-around sportsbook, it still has some catching up to do with its more accomplished contemporaries like DraftKings, BetMGM and FanDuel. The welcome bonus is strong, but it comes up short in certain areas, like customer support and market variety. Overall, it’s a work in progress and a betting platform with a great growth potential.