BetMGM Bonus Code Virginia – Get $1,000
BetMGM NBA Playoffs Promo - Bet $10 Win $200 (Not available in NY) - Simply register your account, make a deposit, and bet $10 on any NBA game and if any team hits a 3-pointer, you get $200 in free bets. (Please note the regular risk-free bet offer mentioned elsewhere in this review is not available during this promo) - To Claim Click This Link
BetMGM Sportsbook has been online in Virginia since the state first launched regulated sports betting in January, 2021. Join BetMGM sportsbook in Virginia or DC today with BetMGM Bonus code PLAYBONUS, and enjoy a risk-free first bet up to $1,000.
BetMGM was already live in ten other states before arriving in Virginia, and it’s continuing to expand. So in addition to its stellar reputation and diverse selection of bets, BetMGM provides local bettors a tried and tested app for iPhone/iPad and Android devices and a robust live betting platform.
In this review we’re going to tell you how this world-class gambling brand goes about its business, exploring its pros and cons along the way. We’ll detail ongoing BetMGM sportsbook promotions, show you how to sign up and get the app, fund your account, and even get help if you need it.
And of course, we’ve got all the details on that BetMGM risk-free bet available to new customers.
BetMGM Virginia Sportsbook bonus code “PLAYBONUS“:
Sports bettors who sign up with BetMGM in Virginia are in line for some very good bonuses. Once you make your first deposit, the sportsbook will offer you a first bet risk-free, to a maximum of $1,000 total if you use a bonus code on signup. The BetMGM bonus code in VA is PLAYBONUS.
BetMGM online sportsbook welcome bonus
|Online Sportsbook||BetMGM Virginia|
|BetMGM Bonus Code VA||PLAYBONUS|
|Sign-up Bonus||Up to $1,000 risk-free bet|
|Best For||Bonus Offers|
|Partner||MGM National Harbor, Maryland|
|Last Verified||May 2022|
Signing up for BetMGM Virginia sportsbook
Signing up for an account at BetMGM is a simple process and requires a few minutes to complete. While registering, you have to provide some basic information about your identity and whereabouts, such as:
- Name: A first and last name is required
- Email: A valid email address
- Password: Choose a secure password to protect your account
- Username: Create a unique username
- SSN: The last four digits of your Social Security number
- Promo code: You can use the BetMGM promo code above, which locks in the special risk-free bet offer.
The procedure is the same for both desktop and Android/iPhone/iPad users.
It’s worth mentioning that you have to be physically present within Virginia’s borders at the time of placing a real money wager with BetMGM. You are allowed to register and even deposit from anywhere in the US, but you have to be in Virginia to place bets. BetMGM uses state-of-the-art geolocation software to pinpoint the exact location of its users.
Almost every Virginia resident 21 or older is allowed to register and place real money bets with BetMGM. Only those who work in professions that can directly impact the outcome of sports matches are not permitted to use BetMGM’s services. These include individuals working as coaches, professional athletes, trainers, officials and certain employees.
Other BetMGM VA promotions and bonus offers
Once you use the BetMGM Virginia promo code, the risk-free bet is is just a housewarming gift. There are also lots of ongoing promotions to keep you occupied for weeks. The promotional lineup is prone to changes, but Virginians can always expect to find a couple of rewards at BetMGM.
When you create a new account, you should have access to a variety of promos. Here is just a sampling of some of the offers:
- Multisport Parlay Boost: It can pay off to make parlay bets at BetMGM, which come with a lot of risk. The sportsbook will give you a bonus payout for winning a four- to seven-leg parlay on any sport or competition. The more selections you have on your slip, the higher the payout. For a seven-leg parlay, you’ll earn a 40% profit boost in free bets. Opting in is required.
- Hit the Cycle: This is essentially a multi-tier promotion that consists of four missions bettors need to complete over the course of the week related to baseball. By placing four $10 bets on Major League Baseball games with odds of -200 or greater, you’ll qualify for the $20 free bet.
- Bet $50 In-play, Get $20 In-play: If you’re a fan of action-packed NBA live betting, you’ll love this promo. Namely, when you place a $50 (or more) in game wager with odds of -200 or higher on any NBA game, BetMGM will give you $20 in free bets to use on NBA live wagers.
BetMGM runs the iRewards loyalty program. At the moment, unfortunately, sports bets do not count toward the loyalty program, this policy could change in the future. We’ll make sure to keep you posted on all the updates.
Is BetMGM Sportsbook legal in Virginia?
Yes. BetMGM is legal in both Virginia and DC. Sports betting was legalized in Virginia March 2020, with licenses awarded in Sept. BetMGM online sportsbook launched January 2021 and is a joint venture between the UK gambling operator GVC Holdings and MGM Resorts International.
You can also use BetMGM online sportsbook in DC, though the rules there are a bit different. More details on that down below.
BetMGM online sportsbook features
BetMGM is operated by two household names of the gambling industry. Over the years, these world-class brands have gained recognition among millions of avid gamblers worldwide for their high-quality products related to sports betting, casino gambling and poker. Reaching an elite status in a fiercely competitive industry such as internet gambling speaks volumes to how great their quality of service is.
Here are some of the reasons we’ve found to give BetMGM a shot:
- Lots of promos for both new and existing customers: BetMGM has a jam-packed bonus section with tons of rewards for both newcomers and ongoing members. The sportsbook keeps its patrons engaged by offering all kinds of daily, weekly and monthly promos. Odds boosts, weekly free bet injections, cashback bonuses — you name it.
- Live streaming: BetMGM features a live streaming platform. This feature allows you to watch how select games and matches unfold — and make your in gamebets accordingly.
- Banking: Whatever payment solution you’re using, BetMGM has got you covered. There are dozens of banking options, including credit and debit cards, bank transfers and PayPal, to name a few.
- Feel and usability: BetMGM sports betting app works smoothly across all devices. The design of the app is user-friendly, and the response time is reduced to a bare minimum.
- Customer support: Whenever you’re in need of assistance regarding payments, registration, bonuses or technical support, you can count on BetMGM customer service representatives to provide resolution to your queries. The polite and resourceful support agents are reachable via live chat, email and phone.
- Cash out: BetMGM supports a couple of great features, one of which is being able to cash out. This option allows you to obtain a return of your bet before the event you’re betting on is over. Keep in mind that the cash-out function is not available for all sports and markets.
BetMGM Sportsbook Virginia app
Virginia bettors can place on-the-go wagers using the BetMGM Virginia app. BetMGM has launched native apps for both iOS and Android users. Instructions on how to download and install the sports betting app for your Apple or Android devices is available on the site.
After installing the BetMGM VA app, you’ll gain an all-access pass to pretty much every feature available on the desktop version of the betting platform. The app is intuitive and well-optimized. We ran a couple of benchmark tests and didn’t come across any performance issues.
Having BetMGM’s app at your disposal means that you can bet on your favorite sports from wherever you are in Virginia, whenever you want. Not only that, you can also claim bonuses, make payments or even contact customer support via the app. You carry all the betting with you, in your pocket. Pretty convenient, right?
How to use the BetMGM Sportsbook DC app
Sports betting law in Washington, DC, is different from Virginia. But with a few tips, you should be ready to go. To start with, here is how to download the MGM DC app to a mobile device.
How to download BetMGM for iOS
Follow a link from this page to the BetMGM site, and from there click on the link to get the app for iOS. This will take you to the Apple App Store, where you can download the app. All you have to do is select “Get” and use whatever form of authentication you have set up to approve the download.
How to download BetMGM for Android
The Google Play Store began allowing sportsbook apps in early 2021, so you can follow the app link from the BetMGM site there to download the app for your Android device. Just click the “Install” button, and it will be ready to use on your tablet or smartphone in a couple minutes at the most.
Using the BetMGM app in DC
You will be able to open the BetMGM app and make deposits or withdrawals from anywhere. You also will be able to check on lines and plan what you want to bet on no matter where you are. However, due to DC sports wagering laws and BetMGM’s agreement with the Washington Nationals, you only can place bets within a two-block radius around Nationals Park.
To ensure you are within that two-block radius, you must enable geolocation on the device you are using to wager. If it determines you are not within the betting circle, you will not be able to bet. Betting inside Nationals Park, however, is permitted. And in fact, Nats season-ticket holders and MGM loyalty members will be eligible for perks and special rewards, though no details on that are available yet.
Placing wagers on the BetMGM app
Placing bets via BetMGM is easy, even if you are new to the activity. Here are the steps to follow:
- Once you find a bet you like, just tap on it in the app. The color of the box surrounding the wager will change from light gray to light orange, letting you know that you’ve added it to your betting slip.
- If you want to place a single bet, skip this step. If you’re looking to create a multi-bet, all you need to do is continue selecting bets until you’re happy with your picks.
- Once you are ready to bet, click the bet slip button at the bottom of your screen. There are three windows to choose from: straight, parlay or round robin. Click the one you want, add your wager amount into the appropriate field, and if you’re happy with your potential return, click “Place Bet.”
That’s all there is to it. Just remember that if you are outside the two-block radius around Nationals Park, you won’t be able to bet. That also goes for cashing out bets early, so if you think you might want to do that, plan accordingly.
Sports betting options at BetMGM in Virginia
The range of betting options available at BetMGM can only be matched by the depth of the market coverage. From mainstream events to more obscure competitions, BetMGM has a huge selection of sports to bet on.
Here’s a brief recap of all the sports you can place wagers on at BetMGM:
- Football: You don’t have to miss a beat of NFL betting action. The depth of fixtures available for both regular season and playoff matches is impressive. Apart from moneylines, point spreads and totals, the sportsbook also has a great selection of extra markets.
- Basketball: Basketball fans are in for a treat at BetMGM, as there are a host of NBA and WNBA markets to choose from. Check out the player props offering. You can bet on points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, 3-pointers and even combinations of these categories. Things tend to heat up for betting on the NBA playoffs, which is when you can expect the sportsbook to offer the most futures markets.
- Tennis: The tennis calendar is swamped from January through November, featuring dozens of top-tier competitions. At BetMGM, you can bet on ATP, WTA, ITF and Challenger events, and even exhibition matches. Come Grand Slam time, you can expect to find a plethora of markets, in both pre-match and live formats.
- Baseball: All Virginia bettors who tune in for MLB games can add to the thrill by placing bets on their favorite teams. From run spreads to moneylines and totals, there is an array of MLB betting options at BetMGM. Land a couple of accurate bets on division winners, and you’re looking at a massive payout.
- Golf: BetMGM offers great golf odds and live fixtures for worldwide competitions, from major championships to regional tours and international events like the Ryder Cup. The depth of the markets on offer is particularly strong during major tournaments, with both tournament winner and top five and top 10 markets being available.
- Soccer: Soccer is the most widely played, supported and watched sport in the world, and it’s slowly but surely gaining momentum among US bettors. At BetMGM, you can bet on MLS as well as all top-tier European club competitions. Get great odds and bet on a wide range of live markets, from the first scorer to halftime results and the correct score.
- College sports: You can get your bets down on March Madness, the Cotton Bowl or just a Tuesday night ballgame. Note, though, that you are not allowed to bet on any Virginia-based college teams or events.
Apart from these sports, BetMGM also offers wagers on MMA, hockey, and boxing, plus more niche sports like cricket, handball, rugby and more.
Richmond Raceway is home to two NASCAR races with the Xfinity Series and the Cup Series. Watching these fast-paced races is undeniably fun, but betting on them while at the track can make it even more fun. If you want to test your knowledge, bet on the NASCAR race winner with BetMGM, and you might score a profit if you get it right.
Virginia sports betting guide
Virginia residents can place bets on their local soccer team — London United FC from Leesburg. BetMGM has excellent coverage of the USL Championship, offering odds for totals, moneylines, double chance and props.
On top of this, you can bet on the neighboring Washington, D.C., and Baltimore teams like:
- Washington Wizards
- Bet on all Wizards games.
- Futures, moneylines, props, totals and point spreads for all Wizards and NBA games.
- Live betting on all NBA games.
- Washington Nationals
- Bet on all Nationals games.
- Futures, props and run lines for all Nationals and MLB games.
- Live betting on all MLB games.
- Washington Football Team
- Bet on all Washington games.
- Spreads, totals, player TDs, halves, quarters and game props for all Washington and NFL games.
- Live betting on all NFL games.
- Washington Capitals
- Bet on all Capitals games.
- Totals, spreads, periods, player props, game props and parlays for all Capitals and NHL games.
- Live betting on all NHL games.
- Baltimore Orioles
- Bet on all Orioles games.
- Futures, props and run lines for all Orioles and MLB games.
- Live betting on all MLB games.
- Baltimore Ravens
- Bet on all Ravens games.
- Spreads, totals, player TDs, halves, quarters and game props for all Ravens and NFL games.
- Live betting on all NFL games.
BetMGM Virginia futures markets
One of the many reasons why futures markets are becoming increasingly popular among US bettors is because they come with competitive odds. With good knowledge of the sport and a little bit of luck, you can make the big bucks. What’s more, they have a longer lifespan, which keeps you engaged for a prolonged period.
- Washington Wizards futures betting: Bet on whether the Wizards are going into the NBA playoffs. You can also find odds for division winners, MVPs and scoring titles.
- Washington Capitals futures betting: Bet on the winner of the Stanley Cup or the conference winner. You can bet on whether someone from the Nationals is going to capture the Conn Smythe Trophy.
- Baltimore Orioles futures betting: Bet on the MLB World Series winner. If the Orioles go on a super hot streak, you may want to consider a bet on them to make the playoffs.
- Baltimore Ravens futures betting: Bet on whether the Ravens are going to win the Super Bowl. Are they even going to make it there? Or try to predict the conference of the winning team.
Needless to say, you can place futures bets on other sports teams, as well. If you root for the L.A. Lakers, betting that LeBron James is going to be the NBA Finals MVP might seem like a fun pick.
Types of bets available
BetMGM has an extensive array of betting markets, both pregame and once the games have started. Here are some of the most popular types of bets available:
- Moneyline: By far the simplest type of bet, one that requires bettors to “only” predict the winner of the game or sporting event. The favorite is labeled with a minus sign, whereas the underdog is listed with a plus sign. A huge moneyline odds differential indicates that the two teams are unevenly matched and that there is a high chance for a blowout.
- Point spread: Point spread bets are one of the most common ways to bet. The point spread evens the gap between the favorite and the underdog. The favored team, listed with a minus sign, has to win by a specific number of points or goals, predetermined by the sportsbook. The underdog, again listed with a plus sign, has to either win the game outright or lose by a smaller amount than the point spread.
- Totals: With this market, the bettor must predict whether the total number of points/goals scored by both teams will be over or under the line the sportsbook sets before the event.
- Props: Props, or proposition bets, come in various shapes and sizes. What’s unique about props is they are two sides of a line or question posed by the sportsbook. An example of a prop bet would be “Are the Washington Wizards going to make the NBA playoffs this year?” Or “Will Bradley Beal score more than 30 points in tonight’s game?”
- Parlays: Parlay bets consist of two or more individual wagers. The more selections you have on your parlay, the higher the potential payout.
- Quarters: This bet requires you to predict the number of points/goals scored in a particular quarter. There are a couple of variants within this bet type. For instance, you may be required to select the winner of the quarters.
- Futures: This is a bet on any outcome, event, championship or series that will occur at a future date. From betting on who’s going to win the American League Cy Young Award to the next Super Bowl winner, there are lots of variations of future bets. Futures typically come with exceptional odds, which make them quite appealing among bettors.
Banking at BetMGM Sportsbook
Funding your BetMGM account is smooth and easy. You can choose between several options, including Visa, Mastercard, ACH/e-check, Skrill, VIP Preferred, BetMGM Online Play+ and more. All deposits are processed almost instantaneously and free of charge.
You can withdraw your winnings using most of the above-mentioned payment options. Processing times vary between different banking methods. Whatever the method you choose, you should get paid within a day or two.
The minimum deposit at BetMGM in Virginia is $10.
How to contact BetMGM customer support
You can get in touch with BetMGM customer service via live chat, email ([email protected]) and phone. The customer service team works round the clock and will aim to resolve any dilemmas you might have.
There is also a resourceful FAQ section on the site with answers to the most commonly asked questions regarding bonuses, registration, payments and more.
Responsible gambling at BetMGM
BetMGM is an advocate of responsible gambling. The sportsbook offers a problem gambler hotline, which is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you experience any symptoms of problem gambling, don’t hesitate to make the call. These professionals can help you overcome your gambling addiction and regain control over your spending habits.
Customers also have the option of setting individual daily, weekly and monthly limits on wagers and deposits. You can also opt for a time management system, and limit your daily allowed time on the site. And finally, you can sign up with BetMGM’s self-exclusion program, and suspend your account for a certain period.
Is BetMGM the best sportsbook in Virginia?
It’s really tough to say since the Virginia sports betting market is loaded with A-list gambling brands. But BetMGM is right up there — that’s for sure.
Looking at the entire package, BetMGM has everything you could possibly ask for, and then some. It is now running a first-class venture that caters to the needs of every bettor.
Promotional package deals definitely are the headline, but the sportsbook excels in other areas, as well. Its customer support service is stellar, and with cool features like cashing out and live streaming, BetMGM has gathered all the ingredients to create a superior betting experience.
BetMGM Sportsbook FAQ
Yes, BetMGM is one of the leaders in mobile sports betting and the Virginia Lottery, which is in charge of gambling in the state, granted BetMGM Sportsbook a sports betting license in 2021. If you have a problem with BetMGM you can email the VA Lottery through their website or call them at 804-692-7777.
You must be at least 21 years old to legally bet on sports in Virginia. It also is required that you are in the state at the time you place any bets. To adhere to the location portion of the law you must have geolocation services enabled on whatever mobile device or computer you are using to access BetMGM Sportsbook.
No. You cannot bet on the Cavaliers or any other Virginia-based college team, as state laws forbid it. You can bet on college sports events not involving VA teams at BetMGM. Live betting and prop betting on college games, however, also are prohibited throughout the state.
No, BetMGM has a website which you can use to do all your betting and for depositing and cashing out your winnings as well. The BetMGM app for iOS and Android though is a very good sports betting app and we see no reason not to install it on your cellphone and/or tablet. It makes betting while on the go easy.
No, in Virginia you can signup with online sportsbooks entirely online. Just use the BetMGM app or website to get registered. You’ll be required to enter your name, birthday, email and home address, your phone number and the last four digits of your social security number. From start to finish it only takes a few minutes to get your BetMGM Sportsbook account up and running.