Virginia Lottery Promo Code and Bonus Games
The Virginia Lottery has evolved since it sold its first ticket in 1988. An independent operator but licensed by the state, VALottery.com now offers instant access to lotteries, scratchers, and instant win games. Regardless of whether you’re using your desktop or phone, you not only get to play a range of games but potentially win cash prizes worth millions.
To sweeten the pot, the Virginia Lottery welcome bonus gives you 20 free games on Vegas Cash Drop. You’ll also have your first deposit matched up to $100. Just sign up with the Virginia Lottery, enter the code PLAYTEN and make a deposit of at least $10 to claim this two-part welcome bonus. From there, a wealth of promotions, tools, and onsite extras are on hand to make your experience as enjoyable as possible.
In this Virginia Lottery online review, we’ve covered everything you need to know.
VA Lottery welcome bonus in October 2022
Every online gambling site needs a welcome offer, so let’s take a look at what the promo team at the VA Lottery has cooked up. As long as you follow our sign-up link using the promo code PLAYTEN, you will receive 20 free games of Vegas Cash Drop. You’ll also see your initial deposit matched 50% for up to $100.
When you play the Virginia Lottery welcome bonus free games, anything you win is yours to keep. If you’re able to turn those games into prize money, the rewards are yours to keep. Therefore, you can play with it, save it or withdraw it without having to meet any additional conditions.
This is a small but extremely important point. Certain welcome bonuses can look great on the surface but fall apart when you unpack the terms and conditions. In other words, if the wagering requirements are too restrictive, the amount you could potentially get is almost irrelevant. So, while the Virginia Lottery’s online welcome bonus looks conservative, the easy-to-satisfy requirements actually make it impressive.
To claim the VA Lottery deposit match bonus and free Vegas Cash Drop games, just be aware that you must deposit at least $10 to be eligible. And since it’s a 50% match, you’ll need to make an opening deposit of $200 or great to receive the full $100 bonus.
VA Lottery Promo Code 2022
|Online Lottery||Virginia Lottery|
|Welcome Bonus No. 1||20 free games, with minimum $10 deposit|
|Welcome Bonus No. 2||50% for up to $100|
|Last Updated||October 2022|
How to get the Virginia Lottery online welcome bonus
- Follow our Virginia Lottery sign-up link.
- Complete the registration process. You must include the last four digits of your Social Security number and be 18 or older.
- Enable the geolocation software (you must be located in Virginia).
- Confirm your identity and verify your account.
- Log in, and enter promo code PLAYTEN.
- Make a deposit of $10 or more.
- Wait for the free games to be added to your account.
- Remember the first deposit with VA Lottery will be matched at a rate of 50% for up to $100.
Virginia Lottery promotions
The Virginia Lottery is big on second chances. And that’s what you can get when you take part in selected competitions. Many VA Lottery games offer a second chance token (known as an extra chance) every time you lose. If you get one, you’ll go into a special draw where you’ve got the chance to win a bunch of prizes.
From cash tokens and gift cards to laptops, the latest tech, and vacations, the extra chance draws are packed with value. In fact, the prizes are some of the best we’ve seen anywhere online.
Virginia Lottery software and app
The Virginia Lottery is available online on desktop as well as on mobile devices. Therefore, it doesn’t matter if you’re using a PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad or Android, you can access a fantastic selection of games from inside Virginia state lines.
There’s a lot going on at the Virginia Lottery. As well as the option to buy lottery tickets, you can play instant win games and scratch cards.
The app also offers functionality beyond gameplay. Here are some of the features you will find:
- Access your VALottery.com account information.
- Check the winning numbers for all VA Lottery games.
- Scan any draw game or scratcher ticket and find out instantly if it’s a winner.
- Enter promotions, such as “eXTRA Chances,” by scanning non-winning tickets.
- See how high are the Mega Millions, Powerball, and other jackpots.
- Pick your numbers and create a digital payslip to take to lottery retailers.
- Save your favorite numbers.
- Get notifications about the latest VA Lottery games and promotions.
Instead of flooding the interface with dozens of links and boxouts, there’s a small selection of main headings. These unlock submenus that open pages containing the info/product you’re searching for. Do you have to spend a few minutes clicking through submenus to get your bearings? Yes. However, once you’ve established where things are, you’ll realize that the dropdowns work well.
Quick picks, lucky numbers and more
In terms of specifics, the Virginia Lottery is, of course, stable and secure. Beyond these expected norms, it’s also extremely efficient. The best example of this comes when you purchase lottery tickets. If you wish to pick your own numbers, you can. If you want to save time, you can use the “auto pick” software and receive random numbers. If that doesn’t speed things up enough, VALottery.com also offers a quick purchase feature.
As well as giving you the option to buy tickets in bulk, you can pick numbers for the forthcoming draw or for in the future. In other words, you can use the same numbers and pre-pay for up to 104 draws. This not only saves you time but ensures you never miss your favorite lottery draws.
Linked to these tools is the lucky numbers feature. When you “build your own” ticket, you can tap “my lucky numbers,” and the software will input the picks you’ve designated as favorites. Your lucky numbers are whatever you want them to be, and you can change them whenever you like.
The final features of note are the results checker widget and the info boxes. If you download the Virginia Lottery app, you can scan the QR code on your ticket and find out if you’ve won. Alternatively, you can input your numbers online, and the software will check them against draws for the last 180 days. Finally, to ensure you always know when draws are happening and what you can win, the site is littered with information about jackpots, starting times, and much more.
VA lottery multi-state draw games
Multi-state draw games offer the biggest lottery jackpots because the player pool is large. Most importantly, the games grow substantial jackpots to attract more players.
You can purchase single-draw or subscriptions to multi-state draw games at VALottery.com or any lottery retailer. Ticket sales close 15 minutes prior to each drawing.
Virginia participates in three multi-state draw games:
- Mega Millions: Drawings take place twice per week, and the game is currently available in 45 US states, Washington D.C., and the US Virgin Islands. Virginia was one of the six original states offering the draw game, which was previously called The Big Game upon its launch in 1996.
The $2 lottery currently requires you to match five different white ballsfrom a group numbered 1 to 70, as well as one gold Mega Ball from a group numbered 1 to 25.
You can choose the Easy Pick, and a computer will pick some or all your Mega Millions numbers for you. You can also pay an extra $1 for the Megaplier option, which multiplies each non-jackpot win by a factor of 2 to 5.
Mega Millions jackpots start at $40 million, and they increase after each drawing if no winning tickets are sold. Other prize amounts start at $2.
Mega Millions set the record for the largest lottery jackpot in world history won by a single player. A winner from South Carolina anonymously claimed the $1.537 billion jackpot in 2018.
- Powerball: Formerly known as Lotto America upon its creation in 1988, Powerball relaunched in 1992 with what is largely its current format. Powerball drawings take place twice per week, and the multi-jurisdiction game is available in 45 US states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands. Virginia didn’t join the Powerball field until 2010.
The $2 draw game requires you to match five different numbers from a group of white balls numbered 1 to 69, as well as one red Powerball from a group numbered 1 to 26. You can use the Easy Pick, and a computer will pick some or all your numbers for you. Additionally, the optional $1 Power Play add-on will boost non-jackpot prizes by a factor of 2 to 10.
Powerball jackpots start at $20 million, and they increase by at least $2 million in the subsequent drawing if no players win the jackpot. Other prize amounts start at $4. Powerball set the world record for the largest jackpot in lottery history. Three players split the $1.586 billion jackpot in 2016.
- Cash4Life: Cash4Life is a multi-state draw game that launched in 2014. The game started in New York and New Jersey. It’s now available in seven additional states, including Virginia, which joined in 2015. Drawings take place daily.
Tickets cost $2 each, and you choose five numbers between 1 and 60, as well as one Cash Ball that is numbered between 1 and 4. A computer can pick all or some of your numbers with the Easy Pick. Additionally, the popular $10 play option gives you five sets of randomly drawn numbers.
Cash4Life’s top prizes include $1,000 a week for life (by matching all five balls) and $1,000 a day for life (matching all five balls and the Cash Ball). Other non-jackpot prizes start at $2.
Draw times for multi-state lottery games
Here is the schedule for the drawing the winnings numbers in the multi-state games:
- Powerball: 10:59 p.m. EST on Wednesdays and Saturdays
- Mega Millions: 11 p.m. on Tuesdays and Fridays
- Cash4Life: 9 p.m. EST daily
You can watch the lottery drawings live on VALottery.com or the Virginia Lottery’s Facebook page. Many television affiliates throughout Virginia also air the live drawings.
Also, you can check winnings numbers for any current or past drawings on VALottery.com or within the Virginia Lottery app.
VA lottery state draw games
While draw games that are only available in Virginia don’t generate the massive jackpots a multi-state draw game does, the jackpots are still substantial.
There are five draw games available to lottery players in the commonwealth.
- Pick 3: Each ball is numbered between 0 through 9. You pick a number between 000 and 999, or you can choose the Easy Pick option and let a computer make the selection for you.
You can play for $1 (to win $500) or 50 cents (to win $250). Drawings are available twice daily.
Pick 3 has a variety of additional options:
- Box, in which you’re a winner if the numbers are drawn in any order.
- 50/50 which lets you play both game types on one ticket.
- Pairs, in which you pick only two numbers and win $50 if the numbers hit in any way
- Combos option means you play all available sets of numbers with the full $1 pay scale.
- $1 Boost gives you five additional sets of Easy Pick numbers, and if any of those numbers hit, you win $100.
- Pick 4: Similar to Pick 3, but you pick a number between 0000 and 9999. You can play for $1 (to win $5,000) or 50 cents (to win $2,500).
The other play options, including Easy Picks, 50/50, Combos, and Boosts, are also available with Pick 4.
- Cash 5: Twice-daily game which requires you to pick five number between 1 and 34. Each set of numbers can be played for as little as 25 cents, but you must purchase enough tickets to total at least $1.
At $1 per play, prizes start at $5 if you match three of five numbers. The jackpot is $100,000 if you match all five.
- Bank a Million: The twice-weekly Bank A Million is a draw game with a top prize of $1,408,451($1 million, after tax withholding).
You must choose six of 40 numbers correctly for the top prize. Like Cash 5, Bank A Million can be played for as little 25 cents, but you must purchase at least $2 worth of tickets.
To win the grand prize, you must have a single $2 ticket with the winning numbers.
- New Year’s Millionaire Raffle: Virginia’s New Year’s Millionaire Raffle is held each New Year’s Day. Three grand prize winners each earn $1 million. Additionally, five winners earn $100,000 each, and 500 winners get $500 each. Tickets cost $20 each, and only a set number are available. They can be purchased on a first-come, first-served basis.
Draw times for VA state lottery games
Here is the drawings schedule for the Virginia-only games:
- Pick 3, Pick 4 and Cash: twice daily at 1:59 p.m.and 11 p.m. EST, seven days a week
- Bank A Million: 11 p.m. ESTon Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Virginia’s New Year’s Millionaire Raffle: once a yearon New Year’s Day.
Instant win games
The final category of Virginia Lottery’s offering is instant win games. These games were developed in conjunction with Neo Games.
The VA Lottery’s instant games come in many types, including reveal, crosswords, and symbol-matching. Furthermore, they also come in blackjack, keno, and lottery-draw themes. These are all ready to play on your desktop browser and do not require any additional download.
The digital games range from 5 cents to $20 per play, with many games offering multiple plays. All the games are available in demo mode before you wager real money.
Currently, the gameplay isn’t available on the Virginia Lottery mobile app while it’s being redone. However, you can still use the VA Lottery app to scan your ticket for winning numbers and save your favorite numbers.
Prizes can reach up to $100,000 when you try the following Virginia Lottery games:
- Virginia Cash Expander
- Fruity Cubes
- Magic Mix-Up
- Queen of Diamonds
- Wild Win Xtra
- Enchanted Winnings
- Quick 6
- Northern Wilds
- VIP Gold
- Summer Cookout
- Egyptian Oasis
- Blackjack Doubler
- Wizard of All
- Treetop Treasures
- Keno Multiplier
- Lucky 7s
Virginia lottery prizes
All wins are guaranteed at Virginia’s online lottery site. This means the site is sanctioned by the state and, therefore, anything you win will be paid to you in due course. The way you claim your prize will vary depending on the amount you win.
However, there are rules the Virginia Lottery has to follow to ensure your money is processed securely:
- The site will credit prizes up to $100 to your account immediately.
- The site will process prizes between $100.01 and $600 on your behalf and credit your account within minutes/hours (in most cases).
- You must claim prizes over $600 through the manual claims process. The Virginia Lottery will send you an email with instructions on how to claim your prize.
- You must claim prizes over $10,000 through the manual claims process. The Virginia Lottery will contact you directly to discuss processing and withdrawal options.
Virginia lottery payments
Deposits at the Virginia Lottery start at $10 and are processed without a fee via the following methods:
- ACH bank transfer
On the way out, the average processing time for withdrawals is 24 hours. The minimum amount you can cash out is $10, and, unless you win over $10,000 and agree to an alternative method, the standard processing method is bank transfer. Finally, as you’d expect, all player funds are stored in secure bank accounts.
You can refer to the onsite FAQ for answers to almost any query you might have. However, we realize there will be times when a generic response doesn’t suffice. When you need a helping hand, you can use the onsite email form or the live chat feature, or give the team a call at 804 692-7777.
Where do Virginia lottery profits go?
Revenues from the lottery have been earmarked for K-12 education in the commonwealth since 1999.
In 2019, lottery players contributed nearly $595 million to public schools in Virginia simply by playing their favorite games.
The VA Lottery sold $2.1 billion worth of lottery tickets in the fiscal year 2019. The $595 million mentioned above accounted for 28.3% of the total sales.
The majority of sales (61.3%) went to the players as prize money, 5.4% went to compensation for VA Lottery retailers and 5.4% was spent to keep the Virginia Lottery running.
In the most recent fiscal year, the Virginia Lottery had $14 million in unclaimed lottery winnings.
All unclaimed lottery prizes in Virginia go to the Literary Fund. The Literary Fund provides loans for public school infrastructure projects including:
- School construction
- Technology upgrades
Since the beginning of the VA Lottery in 1988, nearly $310 million has gone toward the Literary Fund.
Virginia lottery conclusion
For a safe, secure, and legal betting experience, the Virginia Lottery has you covered. From the moment you collect the free games welcome bonus to the time you pick your numbers, this site makes everything accessible and entertaining. For us, the highlight of the Virginia Lottery is its betting options.
The software and welcome bonus are fantastic. This, combined with an innovative selection of games and scratchcards, means there’ll be something to appeal to most people.
Virginia Lottery FAQ
Yes. This independent lottery operator is licensed by the Commonwealth of Virginia. This means it’s authorized to sell lottery tickets online for games like Powerball and Mega Millions and offer real-money scratchers and instant win games.
Yes. The site and the app are secured by SSL encryption, and it uses only the safest payment processors. Add to these features the benefit of guaranteed payments and the regulatory oversight of state officials, and you’ve got a platform that’s safe, secure, and fair.
Yes, you can. We’ve outlined the claims process earlier on this page. However, the main point is that you can play games from as little as $0.05 and win up to $100,000. Additionally, you can win scratcher and lottery jackpots worth potentially millions, and in some instances, billions.
During our Virginia Lottery online review, we counted 16 instant win games. Add to this a selection of 85+ scratchcards, and there’s plenty of choice for everyone. In collaboration with Neo Games, the VA Lottery has committed to releasing new games on a regular basis.
As well as state-based draws such as Cash 5 and Bank a Million, the Virginia Lottery gives you the option to play Powerball, Mega Millions and other big-money draws.