TwinSpires Horse Racing Virginia Offer Code & Review
Churchill Downs Incorporated has been serving horse racing bettors for more than 150 years. Its online offering is TwinSpires Racing, and this racebook lives up to the iconic Churchill Downs reputation by offering a high-quality legal wagering option in Virginia.
Top horse race betting app Virginia
Virginia users who are at least 18 years old can sign up for a new TwinSpires account to qualify for a great welcome offer of $200 in bonus cash back on a total of $800 in wagers in their first 30 days on the site. Alternatively, you can get $100 in bonus cash back on a total of $400 in wagers. Use the TwinSpires offer code BET200.
Keep reading to find out more about TwinSpires Racing—from the welcome promo, to promotions for existing users, to account opening instructions, and much more.
Why choose TwinSpires Racing in Virginia?
- Welcome offer of $200 in bonus money with TwinSpires promo code BET200.
- Hundreds of live-streamed races from around the globe.
- Diverse horse racing platforms and available wagers.
- TwinSpiresTV for video, news, tips, replays, and results.
TwinSpires Virginia offer code 2023
Sign up for a new TwinSpires account in Virginia and qualify for a great sign-up bonus of $200 in bonus cash back on a total of $800 in wagers in your first 30 days on the site. Alternatively, you can get $100 in bonus cash back on a total of $400 in wagers.
|Online Racebook||TwinSpires Racing Virginia|
|Welcome Bonus||$200 bonus cash back on $800 wagered|
|Last Updated||October 2023|
To claim this offer, just open your new account with TwinSpires and enter the bonus code BET200 during the sign-up process. Then, once your new account is verified, just make a first deposit, and start placing bets.
If you place wagers totaling $400 within 30 days of opening a new account, you’ll receive $100 in bonus funds. However, if you wager another $400 within the same 30 days, you’ll receive a second bonus gift infusion of $100 in bonus money for a total of $200 in bonus funds.
What we find most excellent about this offer is that even though you can’t withdraw the $200 in bonus money, you only have to wager it once before it will convert to withdrawable cash.
Other promotions at TwinSpires horse racing
TwinSpires always has a number of exciting promotions on tap. Click the ‘Promotions‘ tab on the navigation bar to check out the promotions and offers specific to TwinSpires, track partners, and special events.
The type of promos you’re likely to see include the following:
- Bet Back: Get your bet back up to $10 if your horse runs second or third in selected races at a select track.
- Hit it & Split it: Play for your share of the $1,000 Pick-4 daily jackpot at select race tracks. Hit all three days and split an additional $2,000.
- Insurance: For example, in an Exacta Insurance Offer, get your bet back if your two selected horses finish in the first three but not in the winning order. Applies to selected tracks each week.
- Trifecta Tuesday: Earn a 15% boost on your winning trifecta wagers every Tuesday at TwinSpires, up to a maximum of $25 per day. The 15% boost is applied to winnings only (excluding the stake amount). Opt-in is required for this offer.
- Rest of the World Money Back: Get your bet back if your horse runs second in select international races. Opt-in is required for this offer.
- $1,000 Hit it & Split it: Play for your share of the $1,000 late Pick-4 jackpot at Hoosier Park every Thursday. If no player hits the late Pick-4 at Hoosier Park on Thursdays, the $1,000 jackpot will be divided evenly among players that hit the most winning legs in the late Pick-4 wager and will be credited on top of their pari-mutuel winnings on the following Friday. Opt-in is required for this offer.
- Money Back Monday: Get up to $10 back on your first single horse win bet if your horse runs second or third in all eligible races at Will Rogers Downs and Parx Racing, every Monday. Opt-in is required for this offer.
- Twilight Thursday Leaderboard: Opt into the racebook’s Twilight Thursday Leaderboard competition and play for your share of the $2,500 weekly jackpot every Thursday at Churchill Downs.
Generally speaking, the promotions for existing users on TwinSpires do not require a promo code.
TwinSpires Racebook loyalty program
As soon as you sign up with the TwinSpires offer code, you are eligible for the TSC Elite loyalty program. New account holders will start earning points automatically as soon as they begin wagering.
Points are earned with every dollar you wager on the site. Each dollar ($1) you wager will earn points at the following rate:
|Most Other Tracks||1|
What’s great about this loyalty program is that it’s tied in with land-based race tracks and off track betting sites. This means that you can earn rewards points for your wagering dollars in person at actual race tracks and OTBs in person, as well as on the website and the TwinSpires app.
Points can be exchanged for bonus money wagering credits or handicapping offerings at the rate of 1,000 loyalty points per each $1 bonus cash. While you won’t be able to withdraw your wagering credits right from the jump, any winnings are yours to do with as you like.
While there are no program tiers to climb in TwinSpires’ loyalty program, big bettors may be invited to join the TSC Elite VIP Program.
Horse bettors can greatly increase their earn rate and earn other perks by gaining entry into the TSC Elite VIP program. The minimum for Bronze level VIP entry level is wagering $25,000 annually, or $12,000 per quarter, in any of the first three quarters.
As a member of the TSC Elite VIP Program, you’ll receive a slew of benefits and special privileges, including free racetrack admission, discounts on handicapping products, free programs, invitations to special events, and concierge service for Kentucky Derby ticketing (Platinum-level only, which you can only reach by invitation).
VIP members also earn substantial point multipliers, based on monthly wagering, running from 1x for bettors who wager between $5,000 and $9,999, and up to 11x for bettors who wager $250,000 or more.
Is TwinSpires Racing legal in Virginia?
Yes. Virginia, like most states, allows online betting on horse racing for those 18 years of age and older. TwinSpires is an operator licensed by Virginia’s state racing commission.
How to create a TwinSpires horse betting account in Virginia
Signing up for a new TwinSpires Racing account in Virginia is easy enough to do as long as you’re at least 18 years old. Just click here to be taken to the TwinSpires Racebook landing page and click the ‘Join Now‘ button in the top-right corner of the screen.
In the new registration window that will open, fill out the fields with the requested information, including:
- Legal first and last name as shown on an official government identification card, such as your driver’s license or a passport.
- Email address and the TwinSpires welcome bonus offer code BET200.
- On the next screen, enter your full address, which must be in a state where TwinSpires online racebook is legal. If you enter a state where TwinSpires is not legal, the registration process will end.
- Select a username and password of your choice.
- Next, enter your birth date, cell phone number, and the last four digits of your Social Security number.
TwinSpires will then verify the information you provided. If there are any issues, you may be asked to further confirm your information by uploading a copy of an official government ID, a recent bank statement, or a utility bill.
Once your account is verified, you’ll be able to log in and make your first deposit.
TwinSpires Racing VA app review
TwinSpires Racing provides an excellent standalone app for Apple iOS and Android mobile devices and tablets. Nearly everything available on the full-sized, browser-based version of the platform is also available on the TwinSpires mobile app, and vice versa.
Note that the Twinspires racing app operates independently from the TwinSpires Sportsbook and Casino app, so you’ll have to download both if you want all three verticals.
How to download the TwinSpires Racing app
Players can access TwinSpires on a mobile app for Apple iOS and Android devices and tablets, as well as mobile and desktop browsers. The TwinSpires app includes built-in geolocation software, but desktop browser users will need to download and install a GeoComply plug.
Read on for details on how to download the app.
TwinSpires for iPhone / iPad
To download the TwinSpires iOS app for iPhone or iPad, follow these simple instructions:
- Visit the site on your mobile browser via one of our links.
- Open your new account (TwinSpires offer code BET200).
- Log in using your new credentials and scroll down to the page footer.
- Click the Apple iOS logo to be directed to the Apple App Store download page, and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Launch the app, log into your TwinSpires account, and you’re all set!
TwinSpires for Android
To download the Android app on your mobile device or tablet, follow these simple instructions:
- Visit the site on your mobile browser via one of our links.
- Sign up for a new account (TwinSpires offer code BET200).
- Log in with your new credentials and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Click the Android logo to be directed to the Google Play download page, and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Launch the app, log into your TwinSpires account, and you’re all set!
TwinSpires Racing app navigation
The TwinSpires racebook app is understated and elegant with a simple list of racetracks displayed on the landing page. You’ll also see filters that will allow you to sort the display by Thoroughbred, Harness, and Greyhound race tracks.
Once you click on a specific race, TwinSpires’ depth of racing knowledge becomes apparent. For each race, the app will list all the horses, wagering odds, jockey information, and much more.
Choose a quick link to select one of seven intuitive racing platforms in which to view race information and create your ticket in the format that works best for you.
Watch live-streamed races with TwinSpiresTV, plus video playback of past events, searchable by horse, date, and track. Just click the ‘Play‘ button on any page, which will stream races in an embedded video player.
In fact, TwinSpiresTV is a premier horse racing resource. You can watch up to five tracks all at once on the TwinSpiresTV live streaming, or tune in to see weekend previews, race information, expert analysis, and much more.
If you’re looking for even deeper analysis, just visit the top navigation bar. Under ‘Edge,’ click ‘Betting tips‘ to get a choice of Expert Picks, International Picks, Racing Analysis, Racing Trends, and more.
‘Bettor education‘ will allow you to choose from experience levels like Betting Info, New to Racing, Casual Player, Advanced, and a calculator. ‘Features‘ will let you choose Pedigree, History, and Aftercare.
Other drop-down menus include podcasts, videos, race replays, live racing, and more, along with a drop-down filter to sort specific races and tracks. You’ll find the Race Replays option under the ‘Video‘ menu.
To place a wager, just select a bet type and then your horses. From there, sit back and enjoy the race from anywhere in Virginia.
TwinSpires Racing at a glance
Churchill Downs is one of the oldest and most venerable racetracks in the country. Thus, it will probably come as no surprise that we think TwinSpires is one of the best online racebooks in the business.
That said, every racebook will have some areas where it could improve, and TwinSpires is no exception. Let’s break down its strengths and weaknesses.
What TwinSpires does right
In our estimation, TwinSpires pretty much does everything right. Hence, it’s difficult to pick only a few positive points, but here are our top picks:
- Experience: With time to hone its online platform since the 2007 launch and amass owner Churchill Downs’ knowledge from the last 150 years, this racebook knows what horse bettors want, and then some. This platform presents it all in an intuitively easy and secure online format.
- Loyalty program: With the TSC Elite loyalty program, TwinSpires Racing bettors earn rewards for their wagers. The program works hand-in-hand with land-based race tracks and OTBs, which means your wagering dollars earn rewards points in person and online. Points can’t be exchanged for withdrawable cash, but they can be exchanged for wagering credits at the rate of 1,000 loyalty points per each $1 bonus cash. If you’re a big spender, the perks of this program are immeasurable, including free racetrack admission, invitations to special events, even concierge service for Kentucky Derby
- TwinSpiresTV: Not only can you live-stream races from all the best tracks in the U.S. and around the globe on TwinSpiresTV, both on the website and on the TwinSpires horse racing app, but you can live-stream up to five tracks at once, tune in to see weekend previews, race information, expert analysis, and playback of past events. Race replays are searchable by horse, date, and track.
What TwinSpires could improve
It’s not easy to come up with anything TwinSpires could improve, but here’s what we settled on.
- Separate sportsbook and casino: Formerly BetAmerica, TwinSpires Sportsbook & Casino operates on a separate platform from the racebook. The sportsbook and casino verticals have not exactly set the U.S. betting markets on fire, and we see a wasted opportunity here. While it’s fine to focus on what you do best, we suspect Churchill Downs Inc. could probably catch on to Virginia online sportsbooks and casinos in time, and it would be great to have one app with all three gaming verticals at your fingertips.
- Deposit fees: All racebooks charge deposit fees on some banking methods, such as PayPal, but in an ideal world, we’d love to see TwinSpires change that policy and do away with deposit fees.
What races can I bet on at TwinSpires Racing in Virginia?
TwinSpires delivers action from all the major racing venues in the United States, as well as Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, the UAE, South Africa, and more.
To see what’s coming up, just select a track from the complete list, or use the interactive map that displays all North American locations.
A few of the U.S.-based tracks you’ll find include:
- Churchill Downs
- Fair Grounds
- Oaklawn Park
- Santa Anita
- Gulfstream Park
You can also filter the results to view Thoroughbred, Harness, or Greyhound races only. Other filters will allow you to view listings alphabetically or by post time.
TwinSpires Racing live streaming
With TwinSpires’ video player, you can live-stream up to five tracks at once or tune in to see weekend previews, race information, expert analysis, and more. Just click the ‘Play’ button on any page, which will stream races live in the embedded video player.
Not only can you live-stream races from the best tracks in the U.S. and around the world on TwinSpiresTV, but you can also watch video playback of past events. Replay video is searchable by horse, date, and track.
Types of bets available on TwinSpires Racing
TwinSpires accepts all the bet types that you could place in person at any track. All TwinSpires online bets are included with wagers taken at the track, which results in bigger payouts for bettors.
The easiest wagers, or “singles” bets, are similar to sports betting’s moneyline bets, in that you place your wager on a single horse to win, place, or show.
“Exotic” bets include multiple horses in a single race. If you place an exacta wager, for example, you would pick the top two finishers in the race.
Multiway, or “Pick” bets, are similar to sports betting’s parlays. For example, in a Pick 3 bet, you’re wagering on three horses to win three consecutive races. This type of wager is riskier and usually brings in larger payouts.
If you’re new to horse racing, these are some possible wagers.
Singles bets on a horse in its race to:
- Win (First)
- Place (First or second)
- Show (First, second, or third)
Exotic bet on multiple horses in a single race:
- Quinella: Two horses to finish first and second in the same race, in any order.
- Exacta: Two horses to finish first and second, in order of your wager.
- Trifecta: Three horses to finish first, second, and third, in order of your wager.
- Superfecta: Four horses to finish first, second, third, and fourth, in order of your wager.
Multiway bet on multiple horses in multiple races:
- Daily Double: Two consecutive race winners.
- Pick 3: Three consecutive races.
- Pick 4: Four consecutive race winners.
- Pick 5: Five consecutive race winners.
- Pick 6: Six consecutive race winners.
- Fortune 6: Six consecutive race winners with a special progressive jackpot purse.
To get started making a wager on TwinSpires, just select a track to view all scheduled races for that venue, choose a race, then click a quick link to choose one of seven different betting platforms to view race information and place your bets. TwinSpires’ betting platforms include:
- Classic: Simple platform that lists each horse by number to facilitate quick wagering. No additional information.
- Basic: Simple platform that offers a bit more information, including horse names, weights, and jockeys.
- Advanced: Ramps up with even more information, including win percentages, records, and more for each horse, jockey, and trainer.
- Speed: This platform focuses on information about each horse’s run style and speed ratings.
- Class: Shows pre-race information, days off, prime power rating, last class, and average class.
- Pace: Includes each horse’s run style and pace ratings.
- Tips: Includes tips, such as “Best Bet” horses that TwinSpires has determined are the most likely winners.
Banking options at TwinSpires VA
Once you opt into your TwinSpires Racing promo code offer, you are ready to make a deposit to start meeting your wagering requirements. According to the TwinSpires Racebook information section, individual bettors’ deposit options may vary according to verification status and account history.
To view the most up-to-date information on your deposit options, including maximum and minimum amounts, the easiest way is to check under ‘Deposit.’ To get there, open the ‘My Account‘ dropdown menu and select the ‘Banking‘ link.
Even so, in most cases, banking options will likely include the usual safe and secure suspects:
- Visa, MasterCard credit and debit cards
- EZ Money (ACH eCheck)
- PayPal (eWallet)
- PayNearMe (Cash voucher purchased at local retailers such as Family Dollar, 7Eleven, Casey’s General Store, CVS)
- On-site cash
- Wire transfer
What are the withdrawal options at TwinSpires Racing?
According to TwinSpires, withdrawal options will also vary by player in accordance with verification status and account history. To view the most current withdrawal options, including maximum and minimum amounts, open the ‘My Account’ dropdown menu and select the ‘Banking’ link.
In almost all cases, however, whatever banking option you’ll see as available for withdrawals will be the banking option you used to make a deposit, including PayPal and EZ Money.
If you used a credit or debit card, cash voucher, or an in-person deposit, your only withdrawal option may be check by mail, which could take up to two weeks to arrive in your mailbox.
If it’s convenient, you may also process withdrawals in person at designated on-site kiosks at the following locations:
- Churchill Downs ($500 limit unless a US Bank customer)
- The Red Mile
- Scioto Downs
- Emerald Downs
- Keeneland Racetrack
- Arlington Park, OTBs
- Fair Grounds Racecourse, OTBs
TwinSpires Racebook customer support
TwinSpires has a thorough and well-organized FAQ that should answer most of your questions.
In the event that you need more personal attention, you can contact a TwinSpires customer support team member by email, phone, and live chat.
- 24/7 Email address: [email protected]
- Telephone: 877-SPIRES-1 during the hours of 9 a.m. to midnight EST
- 24/7 live chat
Responsible gambling at TwinSpires Racing
TwinSpires takes responsible gambling seriously and has developed a number of self-imposed measures to limit or suspend your use of the site.
The Responsible Gaming section is your hub to control your gaming activity as you see fit. To manually set spend limits, deposit limits, or frequency controls, select the ‘Responsible Gaming’ link under the ‘My Account’ drop down menu.
From there, you can set the software to limit the amounts you can deposit and wager, as well as their frequencies. In extreme situations, you can also request that your account be closed.
About TwinSpires Racing
Owned by the prestigious Churchill Downs, TwinSpires launched online in 2007 as a site dedicated to pari-mutuel horse racing betting.
When PASPA was repealed by the Supreme Court, Churchill Downs, Inc., launched a secondary online platform, for sports betting and casinos, under the name BetAmerica.
After a couple of years of less-than-stellar performance, which saw BetAmerica trailing nearly every other sportsbook brand in all legal, regulated U.S. markets, Churchill Downs decided to change the BetAmerica brand to TwinSpires.
TwinSpires Sportsbook and Casino debuted in Michigan in early 2021. The rechristened online sportsbook debuted (or was rebranded) in a number of additional states over the next few months, while retail BetAmerica sites were also renamed TwinSpires.
Is TwinSpires Racing the best horse betting app in Virginia?
It’s hard to argue with calling TwinSpires Racebook the best horse betting platform. Start with its iconic ancestry. Prestigious owner Churchill Downs has more than 150 years of experience in horse racing and is one of the grandfathers of American horse racing.
The TwinSpires online racebook, launched in 2007, holds official licenses for advance deposit wagering in many U.S. jurisdictions. The racebook is also in good standing with the government regulators providing oversight in every jurisdiction where it operates.
Practically speaking, TwinSpires Racing brings a highly experienced team to the table. This racebook understands the importance and value of providing a safe and secure wagering environment, quality racing content, and access to state-of-the-art technology, along with fun and exciting opportunities.
In the end, you can’t go wrong if you sign up with TwinSpires and let the racebook show you what it can do.
TwinSpires Racing Virginia FAQs
Yes. Virginia allows online betting on horse racing, and TwinSpires is a licensed option.
Yes. Enter the offer code BET200 during the sign-up process when you register for a new account. This will qualify you for $200 in bonus money back on $800 worth of wagers in your first 30 days on the site. While you can’t withdraw the bonus money, you’ll only need to wager it 1x before it will convert to withdrawable cash.
No. You can visit the TwinSpires Racing VA website on your web or mobile browser. However, TwinSpires offers a great app for Apple iOS and Android mobile devices and tablets. Powered by gaming giant GAN, the TwinSpires app is as classy as you might expect from the owners of Churchill Downs.
No. TwinSpires’ native app for Android includes built-in software that will keep track of your location to make sure you stay within state borders as required by law. You will need to download and install a GeoComply plugin if you access the site on your desktop or laptop.
No. Online racing apps are required by law to use geolocation software to make sure you don’t accidentally make any illegal wagers across Virginia state lines. In fact, if you don’t authorize your device or tablet for access to your location, you won’t be able to wager on the site.