Disclaimer: Bally Bet is not yet live. This review is speculative based on what we know so far and will be updated once the sportsbook launches in Virginia.
Bally Bet is among the newest online sportsbooks in the US, and Virginia will be among the first states where Bally Bet Sportsbook goes live in 2021.
The Bally Bet app was developed thanks in part to a $125 million partnership between Bally’s and Bet.Works. This page will cover creating an account with Bally Bet, making your first deposit and placing bets.
With Bally Bet being brand new, it wouldn’t be surprising to see new promotions and bonus offers announced in the coming weeks and months, so check back for updates.
Why choose Bally Bet Sportsbook?
- Apple and Android apps are state of the art.
- Plenty of betting options available.
- Abundance of sports/teams to wager on.
- Backed by Bally’s, a top name in the gambling industry.
Bally Bet welcome bonus
Bally Bet Sportsbook is new to Virginia, so with that in mind, here is a rundown of common welcome offers.
- Risk-free first bets: While these bonuses can be great, it’s important that you understand how they work. Most of the time you do not simply get your money back if your initial bet loses. Instead, you receive a free wager in the amount of your first bet, up to a set limit. Risk-free bets usually are capped at around $500 to $1,000, but we’ve seen them as high as $2,021.
- Deposit matches: Just like the risk-free offers, there are a couple of things to be aware of with these bonuses, too. First is the matching rate; 100% is fairly typical, but other books can be as low as 20%. Second, and maybe more important, is how much you have to wager to receive your bonus money. A lot of sportsbooks require you to play through your bonus once before being able to withdraw it, but rates as high as 25x are out there. Obviously the lower the playthrough rate, the better.
- Join bonuses: These welcome offers are going to be a lot lower, but they also are more straightforward. Simply create a new account, and the sportsbook will give you a set amount in free bets. You don’t have to deposit for this offer. Usually $20 to $25 is the most you’ll receive just for joining.
- Incredible odds: And the final type of welcome bonus that you’ll see at some Virginia sportsbooks is the incredible odds offer. The way this works is simple: Create an account, make a deposit and then gets odds like 100-1 or 64-1 on a bet that has regular odds nowhere near that. The catch with these offers is the max you can wager is usually either $1 or $4. That still means you’re looking at potential winnings of $100 or $256.
Bally Bet Sportsbook promo code 2022
|Online Sportsbook||Bally Bet Sportsbook VA|
|Last updated||May 2022|
Bally Bet Sportsbook Virginia promotions
Just as was the case with the welcome offer at Bally Bet, we still do not have concrete details on the promos Bally’s Virginia plans to offer. So, once again, we’ll take a look at some typical deals to give you an idea of what to expect.
- Parlay insurance promotions: You create a parlay with a minimum of three or four legs, and then if only one of the legs misses you receive between $10 and $25 back. Normally the refund is in the form of a free bet, but some sportsbooks do give straight cash or site credit.
- Odds boosts/profit boosts: Odds boosts are when a sportsbook ups the odds for select bets, giving you a chance to win more money than you otherwise would. Profit boosts allow you to bet on whatever you want, and the sportsbook increases your winnings by a certain percentage.
- Rewards club: If you’re familiar with how rewards programs work at casinos, they are similar at online sportsbooks. You receive points based on the amount of money you bet on sports, and you can redeem those points for various prizes. Since Bally’s is owned by Caesars, it would make sense that Bally Bet may have something tied into the Caesars Rewards Club.
While it would make sense for Bally Bet to offer some or all of the promotions listed above, we will have to continue to wait to see exactly what will be available.
Is Bally Bet legal in Virginia?
Yes, Bally Bet is a reputable online sportsbook and is licensed to operate throughout Virginia. Sports betting was legalized in Virginia in 2020, and the first online sportsbooks opened in late January 2021. The Virginia Lottery is in charge of sports betting and granted Bally Bet its sports betting license.
All bettors in the state must be 21 or older and also have to be physically in the state to place any wagers. Bally’s Virginia requires you to have geolocation software activated on whatever device you are using to place bets. If the software cannot confirm you are in Virginia, you won’t be able to bet.
Another key piece of legislation in Old Dominion has to do with betting on college sports. Bets involving Virginia-based NCAA teams aren’t allowed in the state, and neither is in-game betting on college sports.
How to create a Bally Bet account in Virginia
To open a new Bally Bet Sportsbook account, simply open the Bally Bet website or Android or iOS app. Select the button to register, then enter your information.
- Home address
- Phone number
- Last four digits of Social Security number
The only remaining steps are affirming that everything you entered is accurate, that you are at least 21 years of age and that you have read Bally Bets’ terms and conditions. From the time you start, it’ll take just a few minutes until your account is ready to go.
Bally Bet Sportsbook app
Here is a short guide on what you can expect, starting with how to download it on your smartphone or tablet.
How to download the Bally Bet Sportsbook app
Once the app goes live, we will have links to follow to the Bally Bet website, where you can click a link to download the app for Android or iOS. From there, follow these steps:
- iPad or iPhone: There will be an iOS-specific button to tap to begin the download process. Chances are it will take you to the App Store, where you’ll need to select “Get” to download and install the Ball Bet app.
- Android: Select the button for Android. Your device might ask if you trust the file you are attempting to download. Answer yes; Bally Bet is trustworthy. Then you must open the file and select install. After another few seconds or minutes at the most, Bally Bet will be installed, and you can start using it right away.
Navigating the app
For starters, before even placing a bet, it makes sense to move around the app a little bit to make sure you know where everything is located. Once you’ve got the hang of that, you can check out the bet slip to make sure you are familiar with how to place a bet when you’re ready to do so.
The promos page is another area of the app that you should get to know. Not only does the page tell you about ongoing offers, but it also is where you will opt in for said promos. Also, don’t bypass reading over the terms and conditions. You don’t want to miss out on an offer because you didn’t follow the rules.
Finally, take a few minutes to look through your account tab. Not only is this likely where you will make deposits and withdrawals, but it also is where you will go to change your account settings or contact the help desk.
Types of bets available on Bally Bet Virginia Sportsbook
Bally Bet offers all the standard types of sports bets. Here is a brief explanation of what you can expect.
- Moneyline: A moneyline wager is a bet on which side will win the game. Favorites are more likely to win, but winning bets on them will pay less, and the opposite is true for underdogs.
- Point spreads: Point spread betting requires you to get the margin of victory correct. Point spreads usually operate with odds of -110 which equates to betting $11 to win $10.
- Totals: Also called over/unders, these are bets on the total score by both teams in a single game. It doesn’t matter which team ends up winning.
- Props: Proposition bets are essentially side bets on games. Props bets can be on player or team statistical accomplishments and on specific events during a game.
- Parlays: Two or more picks combined into a single wager. The more picks you select, the more money you can win, but also the higher the risk. To win your parlay, you need to get all of your picks correct.
- Round robins and teasers: Teaser bets are comparable to parlays because you also have to get all your selections right to win. The difference is they are just for spread bets, and you can adjust the lines in your favor. Round robins meanwhile have a tiny bit of wiggle room because you can lose a pick and still win some money.
- Futures: Bet on long-term events such as championship winners, conference and division winners and on individual player awards. Futures bets are popular to place prior to the beginning of new seasons, but they are available as the season progresses, as well.
- Live betting: Wager on the game in progress. Depending on the game, Bally Bet will have anywhere from two or three live betting options to dozens or more. Lines change frequently based on what is taking place in the game. Live betting on college sports is prohibited in Virginia.
Sports you can bet on at Bally Bet in Virginia
You’ll also likely have international options to pick from, including soccer betting lines on Mexico’s Liga MX, Spain’s La Liga, Germany’s Bundesliga and the English Premier League. Whether Bally Bet Sportsbook has betting markets for more niche sports like table tennis, rugby and cricket remains to be seen.
Virginia sports teams you can bet on
While there aren’t any major professional teams in Virginia — and betting on Virginia college teams is prohibited — there are a smattering of teams from nearby Baltimore, Washington DC, and Charlotte that you can check out the odds for.
- In the NFL, there are the Baltimore Ravens, Washington Football Team and Carolina Panthers to pick from.
- Major League Baseball has the Washington Nationals and Baltimore Orioles.
- The Washington Wizards and Charlotte Hornets are the NBA options.
- And you have the Washington Capitals (NHL), Washington Mystics (WNBA) and DC United (MLS).
Virginia futures betting
Bally Bet has futures markets for all the major US sports leagues. You can place bets on the teams you believe will end up winning the Super Bowl, World Series, NBA Finals and Stanley Cup, and, in addition, on the national champion in college basketball and football.
Bally Bet also has wagers on individual players. For instance, you can wager on who will win the NFL’s regular season MVP award, the NBA’s MVP or the NHL’s Hart Memorial Trophy.
Remember, if you’re planning to bet, place a wager if you see futures odds you like because they can change quickly, especially if there is a big injury, free-agent signing or major trade.
How to deposit and cash out on the Bally Bet app
Nothing has been officially announced, but chances are you will have multiple methods for depositing and withdrawing using the Bally Bet app or website. Among the potential options are credit and debit cards, online bank transfers, e-checks and services like PayPal.
Many online sportsbooks have fewer methods for withdrawing funds, but you likely will have access to at least some of those listed above.
How to contact Bally Bet customer support
Bally Bet should have various methods in place to contact its customer support team. That means you should be able to reach the help desk by calling, texting, emailing or starting a live chat.
The sportsbook also is likely to have a customer support page where you can get answers to some of the more common and easy-to-remedy problems.
Responsible gambling at Bally Bet Virginia
As a reputable online sportsbook in Virginia, Bally Bet takes responsible gambling seriously. And one of the features available to Bally Bet users that many people don’t know about is the power to limit their deposits and wagers and how much time they spend on the app.
Bally Bet also provides information on where to turn to for help if you or someone you know has a problem with sports betting.
Where is the Bally Bet retail sportsbook?
Bally Bet does not have a retail sportsbook in Virginia right now; however, that very easily could be changing.
Bally’s is one of six companies that offered a proposal for a possible Richmond casino, and it submitted the highest bid at $650 million. Needless to say, if Bally’s were to build a $650 million casino in Richmond, it would likely include a Bally Bet sportsbook.
Is Bally Bet the best sportsbook in Virginia?
At this time, there simply is not enough information about Bally Bet to rank it, so for right now we’ll give it a grade of “Incomplete.” However, we can say that with sportsbooks like FanDuel, DraftKings and BetMGM in the state, Bally Bet definitely has some work to do if it expect to hold the title of Best Sportsbook in Virginia in the future.
Bally Bet Sportsbook FAQ
Is Bally Bet licensed in Virginia?
Yes, Bally Bet received a license from the Virginia Lottery, which oversees sports wagering in the state. If you experience any problems with Bally Bet, or any sportsbook for that matter, you can contact the lottery by calling 804-692-7777 or emailing from the official lottery website contact page.
What is the minimum age to bet at Bally Bet in Virginia?
The minimum age is 21. Additionally, you must be in VA to place any wagers. To ensure this is the case, you need to activate geolocation services on the device you are using to wager. If you try to bet from outside the state, your wagers will not be processed.
Can I bet on college sports using the Bally Bet sports betting app?
Yes, though not on any college squads from Virginia. Live betting on all college games also is prohibited in the state.
Do I have to go to a retail location to sign up to Bally Bet online?
No, users can sign up with Bally Bet Sportsbook using its app or website. You must supply your name, address, email, phone number, DOB and Social Security number (last four digits) to get started.
Creating your account takes only a couple of minutes, and afterward you’ll be ready to start betting.
Can I use Bally Bet outside of Virginia?
Not really. Bally Bet is one of the newer online sportsbook apps in the US and consequently is not legal in a ton of states right now. Even if you were in one of the states where Bally Bet was legal, you would need a separate app in order to use it. You can check your account and make deposits and withdrawals from outside the state, but that is about it.
Do I have to live in Virginia to bet on sports?
No, in 2018 the US Supreme Court overturned the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act, also known as PASPA, which paved the way for states outside of Nevada to start offering legalized sports betting. Since then, a number of states have legalized sports betting, and you just have to be within state lines to wager; you don’t have to live there.