You undoubtedly recognize the Barstool name as one of the leaders in internet sports videos, irreverent content, and viral pizza reviews. In 2020, Barstool added an online sportsbook to its portfolio. Virginia is one of a growing number of states in which Barstool Sportsbook has launched.
Even though it is fairly new to online sports betting, Barstool still has some things going for it, not least of which is a solid product. Although some features (chiefly the user interface) could use a little refining, Barstool Virginia offers a good selection of promotions and competitive odds.
One of the best reasons to try out Barstool Sportsbook is its welcome bonus for new players. You can claim a risk-free bet up to $1,000 when you sign up as a new customer. If your interest is piqued, read on to learn more about the ins and outs of Barstool Sportsbook in Virginia.
Barstool Sportsbook promo code Virginia 2022
You don’t need a code to claim the Barstool welcome bonus.
|Online Sportsbook||Barstool Sportsbook Virginia|
|Promo Code||Not needed|
|Welcome Bonus||Risk Free Bet up to $1,000|
|Last Updated||October 2022|
Barstool Sportsbook welcome bonus details
Barstool Virginia’s risk-free bet is hardly unique among online sportsbooks, but it’s still a good idea to pay attention to its terms and conditions. Here’s how it all works:
- Create a new player account with Barstool Sportsbook.
- Make a deposit of at least $10.
- Find a wager — straight bet or parlay — that you like and place a bet. The risk-free bet is for up to $1,000, but your wager can be for a smaller amount, like $50 or $100, if you wish.
- If your bet wins, you receive your normal winnings, but you won’t receive any bonus money.
- If your bet loses, you will receive a refund in “sportsbook bonus cash” for the entire amount you wagered.
- You won’t be able to withdraw the bonus cash immediately — you have one month to bet the bonus dollars through at least once. Once you do that, any winnings are yours to keep and withdraw at your convenience.
Getting started at Barstool Sportsbook in VA
Signing up for a new account at Barstool Virginia is simple, and you can be ready to bet in a matter of minutes. Simply follow these steps:
- Head to the Barstool Sportsbook website.
- Look at the left part of the homepage for a column with various links.
- Click the link that says “Log In.”
- This will launch a box where you can select the option to create a new account.
- You can still create an account if you aren’t in Virginia, but you will need to be within state lines if you want to place a bet.
- Continue to fill out the necessary information and select a username and password.
- Verify that you are of legal age to gamble, and that’s it. You’re ready for your first wager.
How do I download the Barstool app?
The website interface of Barstool definitely leaves a little to be desired. As a result, we recommend downloading the app and using it any time you are looking to bet at Barstool Virginia. On a positive note, the app is sleek, well-designed and easy to install. Just follow these directions to install it on your Android or iOS device:
Downloading on iOS
- Open the Barstool Sportsbook website on your mobile browser of choice.
- There should be a pop-up banner with a button that you can select to take you to the App Store.
- This will open the Apple App Store to the correct page, and you can download the Barstool Sportsbook app.
- Once you’ve installed the app, you can log in and start betting.
Downloading on Android
- First, update your Android device to the most recent version.
- Choose a mobile browser and head to the Barstool Sportsbook website.
- Once again, select the button on the app banner to download the app for your device.
- This will launch the Google Play Store at the correct installation page, and you can download the app from there.
Where do I find Barstool Sportsbook promotions?
Probably the greatest feature of Barstool Sportsbook is the abundant promotions that it offers. While some platforms have more limited promos (or none at all), Barstool almost always has multiple ongoing contests or promos to keep players engaged and coming back for more.
For example, at any given time, you’ll find promos such as odds boosts, corporate partner offers, seasonal promotions, and more. If you’re looking to take advantage of these promos, you can select the “promotions” link from the left menu of the Barstool website. From there, you’ll be able to scope out the various deals and promos currently available.
Why should I choose the Barstool Sportsbook app?
- Promos: Barstool has few equals when it comes to the number of bonuses available to players. This is one of the best reasons to choose the Barstool Sportsbook app.
- New player bonus: Unlocking the risk-free bet is easy. Just sign up at Barstool and you’re all set. You don’t need to provide a bonus code. And if you do end up receiving a refund in bonus cash, the playthrough requirement is easy to meet.
- Customer service: Barstool has several ways to get in touch with customer support, and we were able to get assistance quickly when we tried them.
What won’t I like about the Barstool Sportsbook app?
- Underwhelming rewards program: Through its partnership with Penn National Gaming, Barstool is part of the mychoice program. While that’s better than no rewards program, we would like to see some better benefits.
- Website interface: The sportsbook website can seem quite busy and distracting, so we absolutely recommend installing the app if you plan on spending any amount of time looking at Barstool Sportsbook.
- No live game streams: Barstool offers live betting, but unlike some other sites, it does not host a stream where you can watch the game and track your bet live.
What kind of bets can I place at Barstool Virginia Sportsbook?
One of the best things about Barstool is the number of sports and wagers that it supports. In addition to your typical straight bets, Barstool offers fun props, wild parlays, and lots more. Combine this with the plentiful promotions, and you can have a lot of fun (and spend lots of time) wagering on the platform. Here are the main betting options you’ll find:
- Moneyline bets: Bet on a team to win the game straight up.
- Point spreads: Either bet on the favorite to win the game by more than the spread or bet on the underdog to keep the game closer than the spread (or win outright).
- Parlays: Combine two or more wagers on a single ticket. Get all your bets correct to win an increased payout over placing the bets individually.
- Over/unders: Think the final combined score will be over or under the number that Barstool set? This lets you place a wager on whether you’re right.
- Proposition bets: Regardless of the final score, you can wager on individual game circumstances and the results that individual teams and players deliver, such as receiving yards, RBIs, and many, many others.
- Futures bets: Long-term wagers that you place on full-season or postseason outcomes, like the winner of the championship or end-of-season individual awards like MVP.
- Live betting: Barstool allows you to wager on games that have already begun by utilizing the live betting feature on its platform.
Can I bet on the Washington Wizards at Barstool Sportsbook?
Even though Virginia does not have any major professional sports teams, it is close enough to the nation’s capital that the Washington Wizards have a special place in the hearts of many Virginians. And if you’re watching the game with some friends, you may want to place a wager to make things more exciting. Luckily, Barstool Sportsbook fully supports a range of wagers on the Wizards (and the rest of the NBA), including betting on them to win the next NBA Finals. Hey, crazier things have happened!
How do I get money on (and off) Barstool online sportsbook quickly?
Barstool boasts a large number of payment options for all of your banking needs. Although other platforms may have more diverse methods, Barstool does offer all of the major options that players have come to expect. Here is a listing of the deposit and withdrawal methods available to you.
- Credit or debit card
- Prepaid Play+ card
- Apple Pay
- ACH transfer
- Bank wire transfer
Barstool Sportsbook does not charge any fees for deposits, though the payment method you use may have its own fees, which is something to check beforehand.
- Debit card
- Prepaid Play+ card
- Apple Pay
- ACH transfer
- Bank wire transfer
Your withdrawals will have a waiting period of up to several days for Barstool to verify that the request is legitimate. And as with deposits, Barstool doesn’t impose any fees for withdrawals.
How do I get help at Barstool online sportsbook?
Usually, the first place to look for answers if you get stuck is in the website’s help/FAQ section. Unfortunately, Barstool Sportsbook’s help section is fairly sparse, and there aren’t too many answers available. Luckily, it does offer several other options for customers in need of assistance. The best bet is likely going to be the online live chat option, which is accessible from the sportsbook website. You can also try the customer service phone number and email address, both of which appear on the website, as well. Lastly, you can also send a direct message to the Barstool social media page, and you should receive a prompt response.
How do I exclude myself from Barstool Sportsbook?
Barstool offers a variety of responsible gambling tools and multiple safety features to its players. One of the standout examples is its “reality check,” which frequently pops up and reminds you how much time and money you’ve spent on the platform during your current session.
On top of the reality check, you can also impose the usual limits that all legal sportsbooks offer. This includes self-imposed limits on time, wagers, and deposits onto the platform. As a last-ditch option, you have the ability to self-exclude from the platform for a set amount of time, from one year all the way to a permanent self-ban.
How does Barstool compare to other Virginia sportsbooks?
While the sports betting market in Virginia has not fully matured, there are still a number of quality options available. That makes Barstool’s somewhat late arrival a bit of a hurdle to overcome.
With top books like the DraftKings app, BetMGM, Caesars, BetRivers, and FanDuel to compete against, it’s definitely a tough market. Barstool’s welcome bonus of a risk-free bet for up to $1,000 is on par with what the FanDuel sports app and BetMGM offer. And it’s right with Caesars in terms of quality promotions.
If forced to decide, we would probably go with one of those other online sportsbooks before trying out Barstool. However, if you’ve already signed up at multiple books, there’s nothing wrong with joining Barstool, as well, to see what you think.
Barstool sports betting FAQ
Can you bet on college games at Barstool?
Yes, you can bet on NCAA games at Barstool Sportsbook in Virginia. However, you cannot wager on any games in which Virginia-based college teams are playing. However, Virginia lawmakers have considered getting rid of the ban on in-state college teams.
Where is Barstool located?
Barstool Sports maintains a headquarters in New York City.
What is the easiest way to cash out winnings at Barstool Sportsbook?
Although each withdrawal method has its own advantages, we find that PayPal is the most seamless to use and delivers your cash rapidly.
How old do I have to be to bet at Barstool?
You must be 21 or older to wager at any legal online sportsbook in Virginia.
Can I write off losses at Barstool Sportsbook on my taxes?
If you itemize your deductions on Form 1040 and keep a record of your winnings and losses, you can deduct your gambling losses up to the amount of gambling income you report on your return. We also suggest that you consult a qualified tax professional about your specific situation.