ESPN Bet Sportsbook Virginia Promos & Review
ESPN Bet Sportsbook is the latest mobile sports betting app available in Virginia. It is the official sportsbook of ESPN, the global leader in sports. Join ESPN Bet Sportsbook today and claim $1,200 in sign-up bonuses, no promo code required.
Best Virginia sportsbook bonuses in December
ESPN Bet is a worthy competitor to longtime operators like FanDuel and DraftKings. The sportsbook’s standard odds are comparable to those of its rivals, while its NFL and NBA odds are often better than those at DraftKings. ESPN Bet Sportsbook’s two-part welcome bonus also is among the best in the industry, keep reading to learn exactly how it works.
ESPN Bet Virginia promo code for December 2023
Open an account with ESPN Bet Sportsbook in Virginia and you’ll be eligible for the $1,200 welcome bonus, you do not need to enter an ESPN Sportsbook promo code.
|ESPN Bet Promo Code||None needed|
|Welcome Bonus||• 100% deposit match up to $1,000
• $200 in bonus bets with first cash bet
|Terms||• 20x playthrough on deposit match
• $200 comes as four $50 bonus bets
|Best Feature||Particularly strong odds, especially for NFL and NBA|
|Online Since||November 14, 2023|
|Promo Valid as of||December 3, 2023|
Terms and conditions apply to all offers. Please see ESPN Bet Sportsbook in Virginia for details. 21+ Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER+
Maximizing the ESPN Sportsbook welcome offer
The ESPN Bet welcome bonus comes in two parts, a 100% deposit match and a bet-and-get promo. Here’s how to maximize each one.
- 100% Deposit Match up to $1,000 – To get the full $1,000 in bonus money you need to start by depositing $1,000+ at ESPN Bet Sportsbook. Next you need to release the bonus money. ESPN releases $1 in bonus money into your wallet for every $20 in qualifying bets you make. Qualifying bets are those with odds of -200 or longer. To release the full $1,000 in bonus money you must make $20,000 in qualifying bets. You have 30 days to do so.
- Bet Anything, Get $200 in Bonus Bets – This part of the ESPN Sportsbook sign-up bonus is very easy to understand and even easier to claim. Make any bet at ESPN Bet and four $50 bonus bets will be added to your account. You simply must use these bonus bets within seven days. The only other thing you should know is that a bonus bet’s value does not get added to your winnings. So, if you use a $50 bonus bet on a spread bet with odds of -110 and win, $45.45 will be added to your account.
Getting started at ESPN Bet Virginia Sportsbook
The registration process at ESPN Bet is similar whether you use a desktop computer or mobile device. Signing up through an Android or iOS device takes a couple of extra steps but is otherwise simple.
Anyone in Virginia who’s 21 or older can register for an ESPN Bet Sportsbook account. Here is how registration works for desktop and mobile devices.
ESPN Bet registration on computers
- On ESPN Bet’s desktop homepage, click the link that says “Sign Up” in the top menu.
- When the registration form pops up, add your username, password, and email address to the proper boxes for all three identifiers.
- If you have a promo code, add it to the promotion code box. This likely won’t be required, as the welcome bonus does not require a sign-up
- Click “Next Step” to proceed to the security questions.
- For your security, ESPN Bet uses two security questions to help you verify your identity. Choose two security questions with easy-to-remember answers.
- Anytime you log into the site, you’ll be asked to answer a security question or receive an email verification. Choose whichever one you prefer.
- ESPN Bet next will ask you for your address, phone number, first name, last name, and the last four digits of your Social Security number. Provide this information and registration will be complete.
ESPN Bet registration for Android and iOS devices
- At the bottom of the homepage, you’ll see links to the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store. Click on the option that fits your mobile device’s operating system.
- If you visit the App Store, click “Get” to download the app for your iPhone or iPad.
- If you visit the Play Store, click “Install” to download the app for Android devices.
- Once installation is completed, find the icon on the desktop of your smartphone or tablet computer. Click on the icon to complete registration.
- Follow the sign-up directions for computer users (see above) to complete registration. The information required for sign-up is the same.
- If prompted, you might have to verify your identity on a mobile device. Scan your photo ID, then drag and drop the scan when prompted by the instructions. A driver’s license suffices.
ESPN Bet Virginia mobile app and rating (4.3/5)
When you first open the app, you’ll see ‘Boosts’ listed alongside the most popular sports. Click ‘My Bets’ to view your active wagers or your bet history. Click ‘Live’ to see the sporting events currently underway. Use the ‘Browse’ feature at the bottom of the page to find any sporting events that you cannot find under the broad categories.
ESPN Bet’s mobile apps have undergone several updates, and the app works well for iOS users. The Android version still could use some improvement, so it receives a lower rating.
- Ease of logging in: 4.2/5 – Logging in is simple on desktop or mobile. Facial recognition and fingerprint log-ins are possible on mobile. Add a second layer of privacy with a verification email or security question.
- Ease of placing bets: 4.4/5 – Using an iPhone is simple and has a 4.7 rating on the App Store. Android users give their experience a much lower rating of 3.6.
- Overall speed: 4.2/5 – Pages load slowly on Android, but load times are not an issue on iOS devices.
- Ability to place parlays: 4.4/5 – ESPN Bet’s parlay builder tool works well and requires no extra instruction.
- Ability to place single-game parlays: 4.4/5 – The bet slip feature assures any single-game parlay falls within the site’s rules. ESPN Bet also has pre-made SGPs.
- Overall: ESPN Sportsbook’s layout is simple and intuitive for straight bets and parlays. Finding special promotions is not as easy.
ESPN Bet Sportsbook vs. DraftKings Sportsbook
Though the DraftKings Sportsbook app’s promotions and technical side are better, ESPN Bet’s standard odds and iOS app are every bit as good (if not better). Here’s how the online sportsbooks stack up.
|Daily Boosts||20%-30% boosts||30%-50% boosts|
|Promotions||Up to $1,200||Up to $1,200|
|Single-Game Parlays||Good, not great||More SGPs|
|Standard Odds||Better NFL odds||Better for 'over' bettors|
|Top Benefit||Welcome Bonus + promos||Welcome Bonus + promos|
|What's Lacking||Android app spped||Friendly bonus terms|
It’s also interesting to note that both sportsbooks’ welcome offers are virtually identical. The only major difference is that the DraftKings deposit match bonus comes with a 25x playthrough requirement, while the ESPN Bet one is slightly lower at 20x.
Live betting options at ESPN Bet Sportsbook
Smartphone and tablet users should tap “Live” on the bottom menu of the ESPN Bet Sportsbook homepage. Desktop users should click the “Live” link in the top menu between “Home” and “My Bets.” In either case, this takes the customer to the live betting page.
ESPN Bet Sportsbook live betting page
Once there, you’ll see a big list of events currently underway. Alternatively, you can click on individual sports to see the live basketball bets, live soccer bets, and so on. On the left side of the page, you’ll find betting options by sports leagues and individual tournaments and events. For instance, you might see the NFL listed or the Butterfield Bermuda Championship.
The bet slip feature is on the right of the page. It has three main betting options: straight bets, parlay bets, and teasers. When using the live in-game betting page, you can click on “Boosts” to see any special offers. Also, you can use the “All Sports” to see the full list of 20 sports that ESPN Bet features. Any sport with events happening at that moment has the “Live” icon next to it.
Each live sporting event has its own scoreboard listing spread bets, totals, and moneylines. These update in real time as the game, match, or tournament happens. As the scores update, the odds also update. Thus, if the Washington Commanders score a touchdown against the Carolina Panthers, then the scoreboard would show Washington up 7-0, and the game lines would change to reflect that scoring.
Banking, customer service, and setting limits at ESPN Bet Sportsbook
ESPN Bet Virginia has seven deposit methods and five withdrawal methods. The sportsbook also has responsible gaming tools that help bettors track and moderate their activity. If a user has questions or concerns, ESPN Bet has several ways to contact the customer support team. Anyone wanting to know about banking, responsible gaming limits, or customer contact information should keep reading.
How to add funds or cash out
The minimum deposit limit for most banking methods is $10, though the minimum raises to $250 if you use a paper check. The maximum deposit limit for most methods is $10,000, though those who use online banking or a paper check have a $5,000 limit.
Here is the full list of deposit methods.
ESPN Sportsbook deposits
- Debit card
- Credit card
- Online banking
- ACH or E-Check: Using VIP Preferred
- Paper Check
ESPN Sportsbook withdrawals
- Online banking
- ACH or E-check: Using VIP Preferred
- Paper check
Customers can use the same payment processors for ESPN Bet withdrawals, though credit cards and debit cards do not work for payouts. Though ESPN Bet Sportsbook partners with a retail sportsbook for brick-and-mortar deposits and withdrawals, that currently is not an option in Virginia. Thus, you’ll need to fund your account and receive winnings through an online or mobile payment method.
How to contact ESPN Bet customer service in Virginia
Users can contact ESPN Bet Sportsbook via phone, email, or live chat. You’ll find all these options in the Help Center, where you can open a chat window or request a callback.
To send an email, click the ‘Contact Us’ link at the bottom of the page. Once there, click ‘Email Us.’ This opens the contact form, which requires users to add a subject line, email address, and description of their issue.
How to set limits at ESPN Bet Sportsbook in Virginia
ESPN Bet has a full set of responsible gaming tools. This includes setting daily, weekly, or monthly limits on gaming activity: from deposit size to wager size to loss limits to time spent. Once a limit is set, you cannot reset it during that period. This keeps a gambler from backsliding on their decision.
Finally, ESPN Bet also has a cool-off period. It’s a version of self-exclusion that runs anywhere from three days up to three months. When you choose this option, you’ll be blocked from the site for that period.
Is ESPN Bet Sportsbook legal in Virginia?
Yes. ESPN signed a $2 billion, 10-year partnership with Penn Entertainment to create ESPN Bet Sportsbook. In 2021, the Virginia Lottery extended a license to Penn Entertainment to operate an online and mobile sportsbook in the Commonwealth of Virginia. That license now extends to ESPN Bet Sportsbook.
ESPN Bet Sportsbook in-person betting locations and partnerships
Penn Entertainment and ESPN do not have a retail sportsbook partner in Virginia. That means you won’t be able to make a deposit or withdraw winnings at a retail sportsbook in Virginia.
ESPN Bet Sportsbook Virginia FAQ
Sign up with ESPN Bet Sportsbook in Virginia in December and you’re automatically eligible for the $1,200 sign-up offer, no ESPN Sportsbook promo code is required.
ESPN Bet Sportsbook is a partnership between ESPN and Penn Entertainment. The iconic broadcast network spent $2 billion to enter the online and mobile sports betting industry. ESPN’s 10-year deal with Penn Entertainment gives it access to gaming licenses in over a dozen US states. Penn Entertainment also supplies the technology that powers ESPN Bet Sportsbook. Thus, ESPN Bet is not only legitimate but also instantly a major mobile sports betting operation.
Yes. ESPN Bet’s NFL, MLB, and NBA game lines are not only comparable to the odds at DraftKings and FanDuel. In roughly 10% to 20% of the cases, they are superior. Even if a person has a DraftKings or FanDuel account, it’s worth opening an ESPN Bet Sportsbook account to shop betting lines. ESPN Bet’s totals bets also skew toward those who bet the under.
Yes. Most of the top online sportsbooks have the early cash-out option, which lets a bettor collect winnings early when their team is winning by a certain amount during the game.
If you’re a lucky winner, ESPN Bet Virginia has five payout types: Play+, PayPal, online banking, ACH, and paper checks. Play+ is a system that helps bettors move their money to their bank account or PayPal account. ACH is also known as an automated clearinghouse, e-check, or direct deposit. It moves the funds directly from your ESPN Bet account to your bank account.
No. When it’s time to cash out winnings, you keep 100% of the money that you won betting.