FOX Bet Sportsbook Review And Bonus Code
Disclaimer: FOX Bet is not yet live in Virginia. This review is speculative based on their offering in other states and what we know about the coming Virginia online sportsbook scene. We will update the review after launch.
After much anticipation, the FOX Bet sportsbook will finally enter the Virginia sports betting market. Arriving as the new kid on the sports betting block, FOX Bet was developed through a collaboration between the broadcasting giant FOX and The Stars Group — the parent company of PokerStars.
The sportsbook is currently live in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Colorado, and is poised to move into Virginia as soon as the market opens up in late December or early January.
FOX Bet will join the likes of BetMGM, DraftKings, Caesars, FanDuel, PointsBet, Bet365 and William Hill once it makes its way to the Old Dominion.
What sets FOX Bet apart from other gambling giants fighting for supremacy in Virginia is a solid iPhone/iPad and Android app, competitive lines, a generous bonus package and a wide range of betting options. All of which isn’t to say that FOX Bet doesn’t offer loads of deposit and withdrawal options and adept customer support.
So far, we’ve only scratched the surface of all the perks that await bettors at FOX Bet. We’re going to show you what the deal is with FOX Bet and what makes it one of the top sportsbooks in the US.
FOX Bet Sportsbook Virginia bonus
By signing up for FOX Bet sportsbook and opting in to the promotion, you’ll become eligible for a large risk-free bet bonus of up to $50. It truly pays off to register with FOX Bet, as this welcome bonus is one of the best on the market. Don’t forget to use our links to cash in on this offer.
FOX Bet Sportsbook bonus code 2023
|Online Sportsbook||FOX Bet Sportsbook Virginia|
|FOX Bet Bonus Code||None - Use Links|
|Sign Up Bonus||Risk Free Bet up to $50|
|Last Updated||February 2023|
How does the FOX Bet bonus work?
Just looking at the bonus amount, the FOX Bet sportsbook welcome offer is neck and neck with the most generous gambling brands in the US. Better still, it comes with friendly terms and conditions.
Newcomers to FOX Bet are given a chance to place a risk-free bet worth a maximum of $50. Complete the requirements here to claim:
- Go to promotions tab/page
- Click on the FIRST BET ON US RISK FREE promotion
- Click View Challenges
- Players must click Opt-In button within 7 days of registration
- Players must place first risk-free bet within 7 days of registration
This means that if your initial bet, placed on odds or -200 (or higher), fails, the sportsbook will refund your stake in free bets, to a maximum of $50. Even more impressive, it features a 1x playthrough requirement, which means the funds will be available after wagering them just once.
The offer does come with some strings attached. Namely, you have to wager the free bets within seven days of reception — this should be more than enough time to get the job done.
Signing up for a new FOX Bet Virginia account
Getting started with FOX Bet is easy. It’s probably something that you’ve already done a dozen times on other sites. Just to be sure, we’ll walk your through the process, step by step:
- Click on our link to navigate to the FOX Bet website.
- Click on the blue “join” button in the upper right corner.
- Fill out the required fields (username, address, email, last four digits of your Social Security number).
- Confirm that you agree with the terms and conditions.
- Enjoy your stay!
See? Easy as pie. Granted, you have to confirm your identity with the above information and perhaps some security questions. This shouldn’t take more than a couple of minutes.
Other FOX Bet promotions and bonus offers
The FOX Bet welcome offer will surely impress most users. But what about ongoing promotions for existing customers? Don’t worry, there are plenty of those, too.
It’s worth mentioning that the promotional package at FOX Bet is ever-changing. What we can say with certainty, though, is that Virginia bettors can look forward to dozens of free bets, odds boosts and money-back promos.
To help you get a clearer picture of what you can expect to get at FOX Bet, we’ve put together a brief summary of the ongoing promotions that we came across while reviewing the sportsbook:
- Get $10 every week: At FOX Bet, you’ll be rewarded for your consistency. Place a $50 wager on four-leg parlays with minimum odds of -200 between Monday and Friday, and you’ll be rewarded $10 in free bets. No opt-ins required.
- Bet with FOX Bet every Saturday: If Saturday is your favorite day for betting, you’re in for a special treat at FOX Bet. Kick off your betting weekend with a splash with fantastic bet boost offers and get your payout boosted on the biggest sporting events of the day. The maximum allowed stake on each bet boost depends on the event and the selection.
- Colin Cowherd’s Blazin’ 5 Boom Bet: Are you a fan of Colin Cowherd, one of the most entertaining sports analysts at FOX Sports? If yes, listen to his podcast and get a bet boost for this week’s top betting picks.
- Win a $100 free bet by following FOX Bet on Twitter: Follow FOX Bet on social media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook) and compete for a slice of the $600 free bet pie every Friday. To qualify, follow FOX Bet on Twitter, answer the question in the tweet, and retweet the promo. If you’re lucky enough, you’ll get drawn and win $100 in free bets.
Operating under the same company as PokerStars, FOX Bet gives its users a chance to participate in a rewards program. For every real-money wager you place in the sportsbook, you’ll earn points. When you accumulate a certain amount of points, you’ll unlock unique chests that contain bonuses, free bets and even game tickets.
By winning points and chests, you’ll make progress on the ladder. And with each level you move up on the rankings, you’ll gain increasingly valuable prizes. There is a 28-day rolling period, during which players are required to win 10 chests. If you fail to do so, you’ll be downgraded a level for the next period.
Is FOX Bet Sportsbook legal?
In April 2020, the Virginia General Assembly and Senate passed a sports betting bill, legalizing the pastime in the state. Soon after, it was announced that the Virginia Lottery Board would have four months to create a regulatory framework. According to the official schedule, sports betting brands would have until the latter half of October to submit their license applications. The board then has 90 days to review each application.
If all goes as planned, we could see the first legal sportsbook go live in Virginia in early 2021. As it stands, several elite gambling brands are projected to launch in the state, one of which is FOX Bet — a joint project of FOX Sports and Flutter Entertainment.
Virginia bettors are allowed to legally place internet wagers from anywhere within the state’s boundaries. You don’t have to be a resident of Virginia to place bets, just physically present in the state when the wager is placed. This rule applies to bets placed on a computer and a mobile device.
There are a couple of more requirements every Virginian needs to meet to place a legal sports bet at FOX Bet. First off, you must be 21 or older to play. Individuals working as coaches, players, trainers or professional athletes will not be permitted to use the online sportsbook. Also, certain casino employees are forbidden from using FOX Bet’s services.
FOX Bet features
The sports betting landscape in the US gets more and more crowded by the minute. But where does FOX Bet stand in the hierarchy? Right at the top. FOX Bet is a versatile sportsbook with a fantastic range of betting options. Its promotional package is on par with the leading names of the industry. The site also meets the highest standards as far as security, banking and customer support are concerned.
Here is more of what’s good about FOX Bet.
- Great reputation — Flutter, which owns FOX Bet, has a proven track record; it also owns the FanDuel brand. By uniting with FOX Sports, it has only increased its brand presence.
- Superb collection of bonuses and promotions — FOX Bet’s reputation can only be matched by its generosity. The sportsbook offers a risk-free initial wager worth up to id does not exist. On top of this, there is a whole host of ongoing promos.
- Solid iOS and Android apps — If mobile betting is your thing, you’ll be blown away by FOX Bet’s native apps for iPhone/iPad and Android users. The apps are sleek and responsive and work well on all smartphones and tablets.
- Extensive range of betting options — You’ll have an array of betting markets at your disposal, both pregame and in game.
- Cash-out option — The cash-out feature is a novelty for US bettors. This option allows you to settle your bet before all the matches that you’ve placed bets on have finished. If you see the game turning against you, feel free to use this feature to cut your losses, or to cash in some winnings.
- Custom bet — With FOX Bet’s custom bet function, you can create your own betting markets. The possibilities are endless!
FOX Bet Sportsbook app
FOX Bet offers wagering opportunities through a web-based interface and on dedicated apps for iOS and Android. To download the FOX Bet app on your device, just follow these few easy steps:
- Click on one of our links to relocate to FOX Bet’s homepage.
- Sign up for an account.
- Click on the “view” button in the app banner at the top of the page.
- Once the app is downloaded on your device, install it.
- Launch the app.
- Have fun!
A small note for Android users — make sure to tick the option that allows downloads from “unknown sources.” Following this, you should be able to download the app easily.
FOX Bet apps for iPhone/iPad and Android have a responsive design, meaning that they should work smoothly on any smartphone or tablet. Using the app will allow you to manage your account even when you’re hundreds of miles away from home and your PC. You can use pretty much any available version of the sportsbook. You can make on-the-go deposits and withdrawals, claim promotions and bet on a large variety of sports.
The apps mimic FOX Bet’s instant play mobile sportsbook in nearly every regard. There are a couple of subtle differences, but you probably won’t even notice them. For instance, the iOS and Android apps have push notifications and quick logins, which are not available on the mobile site. Other than this, they’re almost identical.
With FOX Bet, you don’t have to miss a beat of betting action. The sportsbook comes with an impressive quantity of sports to bet on. The selection spreads far beyond the four big American leagues (NBA, NFL, NHL and MLB), delving into niche sports and obscure leagues.
Here’s the list of sports available on the FOX Bet sportsbook:
- Basketball: NBA betting steals the spotlight here, with a plethora of competitive match markets to choose from, including pre-match and live spreads and totals, moneylines and props. The offer excels at the international level too. You can place bets on the EuroLeague and other leagues around the world.
- Football: The NFL is the most popular sport at FOX Bet, and that is reflected in in-depth coverage of the sport throughout the season. When it comes to betting on the NFL, there is no game that draws quite the betting attention as the Super Bowl. That’s when all the special offers arrive, coupled with a variety of markets on a number of outcomes.
- Baseball: It’s no secret that Virginians are keen baseball fans, and with FOX Bet, they can capitalize on their knowledge of the sport. For all MLB games, you will have a number of baseball betting options at your disposal. The sportsbook also provides enhanced odds on unique markets.
- Hockey: Will this be the Capitals’ year? Bet on individual NHL games, or a wide assortment of futures options.
- Golf: FOX Bet has a superb range of golf betting markets across the entire PGA Tour. You can make all kinds of wagers on golf every week, including futures on all major championships. You also have the option of betting on tournament matchups, which brings a whole new level of excitement.
- Tennis: Tennis fans will be awestruck when they see the offerings at FOX Bet. From Grand Slams to regular tournaments on the ATP and WTA circuit, FOX Bet has got you covered. There are 10+ wagers on every matchup, including moneylines, set winners and correct score. Things tend to heat up during the Olympics, which is when FOX Bet shines the brightest in terms of market coverage.
- Combat sports: From boxing and MMA to UFC and Bellator, FOX Bet offers odds for all upcoming fighting action.
- Soccer: Betting on all the major European competitions is available, including the Champions League, Spain’s La Liga, England’s Premier League and Italy’s Serie A. The selection of live events is huge and offers you hundreds of soccer fixtures, at both a domestic and international level.
You can also find an array of markets for niche sports like cricket, darts, rugby league, cycling and table tennis. FOX Bet has covered all the bases.
Virginia sports betting guide
Although Virginia doesn’t have a major professional sports league franchise, the Old Dominion is home to three professional teams, including the Richmond Kickers, which is one of the founders of USL League One. Furthermore, two major teams representing Washington, D.C., have facilities in Northern Virginia.
Virginia bettors can put their sports knowledge to the test by betting on major professional teams from neighboring Baltimore and Washington. Look for:
- Washington Nationals
- Comprehensive coverage of all Nationals games.
- Run lines, total runs, extra innings and bet boosts for all Nationals and MLB games.
- Live betting on all MLB games.
- Washington Football Team
- Bet on all Washington football games.
- Quarters/halves, spreads/totals, bet boosts and player props for all Washington and NFL games.
- Live betting on all NFL games.
- Washington Wizards
- Bet on all Wizards games.
- Player props, total points, quarters, bet boosts and spreads for all Wizards and NBA games.
- Live betting on all NBA games.
- Washington Capitals
- Bet on all Capitals games.
- Goal lines, periods, totals and bet boosts for all Capitals and NHL games.
- Live betting on all NHL games.
- Baltimore Ravens
- Bet on all Ravens games.
- Quarters/halves, spreads/totals, bet boosts and player props for all Ravens and NFL games.
- Live betting on all NFL games.
- Baltimore Orioles
- Bet on all Orioles games.
- Run lines, total runs, extra innings and bet boosts for all Orioles and MLB games.
- Live betting on all MLB games.
Virginia sports betting futures markets
Futures bets are a fun and potentially lucrative way to bet on longer-term predictions. If all the stars align, you could be looking at big payouts.
Let’s take a closer look at some futures bets available at FOX Bet:
- Washington Wizards futures betting: Are the Wizards going to make the playoffs this year? The odds for that happening are pretty high — no risk, no reward.
- Baltimore Orioles futures betting: Bet on the winner of the World Series. The Orioles, until they turn it around, may not be a great bet here.
- Washington Football Team futures betting: The odds of Washington winning the pro football championship are lofty. If this seems like too much of a risky pick for you, you can bet on Washington winning the NFC East division.
- Washington Capitals futures betting: The competition in the NHL is stiffer than ever before. Things aren’t looking so great for the Capitals. Will they be able to turn things around and win the Cup? If you’re feeling confident about it, put a small amount on it and go for the big bucks.
These are just a few examples of futures bets that are available at FOX Bet. You can place futures bets on pretty much every sport and competition in the US. For instance, if you’re a huge 49ers fan, you can bet on them winning the Super Bowl. Or if you’re more into basketball, you can place bets on Kawhi Leonard winning yet another Finals MVP. There are tons of betting opportunities — it’s all up to you!
FOX Bet sports betting options
FOX Bet features a full suite of betting options. All the standard bet types are in the mix, including:
- Moneyline: This is the most straightforward type of bet available at FOX Bet. All you have to do is to pick a winner of the event, and if your chosen team wins, you can collect your payout. The favorite team comes with lower odds than the underdog. Sky-high odds indicate that the chances of the underdog pulling off an upset are slim.
- Point spread: Also known as handicap betting, this is a type of bet that depends on the accuracy of the wager rather than on the win/loss outcome. To bridge the gap between the favorite and the underdog, sportsbooks have introduced a spread or a handicap that adds or subtracts from a team’s score to make the bet more interesting. The underdog, which is tagged with a plus sign, has to either win the game or lose by fewer points/goals than the amount indicated in the spread. Conversely, the favorite must win by more than the point spread dictates.
- Parlays: This is a combination of multiple individual wagers in one bet. The more selections you stack up in your parlay, the bigger the potential payout. The catch here is that if any of the selections from your slip fail, the entire parlay loses.
- Totals: Sometimes called the over/under, this refers to the betting market in which players have to predict whether the combined point total will be lower or higher than the value established by the book.
- Futures: As the name implies, futures bets involve betting on the winner of a championship or series — events that will occur at a future date. This market resembles moneyline bets but comes with higher odds since you’d have to predict the outcome of multiple events.
- Props: Proposition bets, or prop bets, are wagers that don’t directly depend on the game’s final outcome, and are usually tied to player performance. They’re often phrased as questions like “How many TDs will Tom Brady have in the regular season?” and “Will LeBron James score over or under 30 points in tonight’s game?”
Banking at FOX Bet Sportsbook
FOX Bet offers a solid range of deposit options. You can fill your account via Visa/Mastercard or ACH/e-check. If your bank doesn’t permit gambling transactions, you may need another banking method. The available payment solutions include Skrill, PayPal, PokerStars Play+ Card, and PayNearMe.
The withdrawal options are more limited. You can choose from among PayPal, Skrill, ACH and Play+ Card to cash out your winnings. E-wallet withdrawals are the fastest and take two to four days to process. If you opt for ACH, you may have to wait for three to 10 business days for the funds to reach your bank account.
FOX Bet Customer support
Although FOX Bet customer support is known for its efficiency and professionalism, it does come with a few drawbacks. Namely, live chat support is not available to all customers, which is obviously a major handicap. Nevertheless, you can contact the support representatives via email ([email protected]) and still get a fast reply and a potential solution to your query.
Make sure to check out the FAQ section, as you might find your answer there. The section is quite comprehensive and covers all the key topics about payments, registration, the sportsbook app and technical issues.
Responsible gambling at FOX Bet
FOX Bet encourages responsible gambling by making problem gambling information available to its customers and offering self-exclusion features and deposit limits. You can self-exclude from gambling for six months, 12 months or more. If you opt for indefinite self-exclusion, your IP will be blocked from the website for at least 12 months. Only after this period of time can you request the reactivation of your account.
There are also useful guidelines for responsible gambling that warn players about all the dangers of problem gambling. Read these educational tips if you want to make your betting experience safer.
Where is the FOX Bet retail sportsbook?
Unlike most states where there are online sportsbooks, Virginia does not currently have retail sportsbooks. We’ll make sure to keep you posted on any updates. In the meantime, you can place wagers at FOX Bet online, where you’ll have all the betting options at your fingertips.
Is FOX Bet the best sportsbook in Virginia?
Saying that FOX Bet is the absolute best sportsbook in Virginia would be a bold statement. The Virginia sports betting market is home to a couple of world-class sportsbook brands, all of which come with their own sets of pros and cons, and FOX Bet is no different in this regard.
However, FOX Bet outshines its competitors in a couple of areas. The sportsbook has an aesthetically pleasing and easy-to-navigate platform, which makes it easy for bettors to find any feature, sport or market. The iPhone/iPad and Android apps are outstanding, and the risk-free first bet is a great way to get started. If we were to nitpick for any weaknesses, we’d have to single out the lack of live chat support as the most notable one. All in all, we feel completely comfortable recommending FOX Bet to our readers.
FOX Bet Sportsbook FAQ
You can, but before you get too excited, you are not allowed to bet on any teams from Virginia, so no betting on Virginia, Virginia Tech or George Mason just to name a few. Live, in-game betting and prop betting on all college events also is not allowed in the state at this time.
It is required that all bettors be a minimum of 21 years of age, they also must be located somewhere in Virginia to actually place a sports wager. To make sure of this you will have to enable geolocation technology on your phone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer to place bets at BetMGM Sportsbook.
Yes, FOX Bet Sportsbook has the backing of FOX Sports and was granted a sports betting license in the state by the Virginia Lottery, which oversees gambling throughout the state. If you were to experience any problems with BetMGM you can reach out to the VA Lottery by emailing them through their website or by picking up a phone and calling them at 804-692-7777.
FOX Bet offers both daily odds boosts and early cash outs. The odds boosts can be found on the FOX Bet app under “Bet Boosts.” Not all bets will be eligible for early cash outs, but when they are available bettors can cash out early for either a profit or loss depending on what the current market is for their wager.
The FOX Bet app is a little cleaner and doesn’t have as many bells and whistles as the FanDuel Sportsbook app. On the downside FanDuel does run more promotions than FOX Bet at this time. Despite that fact, FOX Bet still is a great sportsbook app to join.
To a limited extent you can. You can manage your account and check lines from anywhere, but the only places you can make bets from are states where FOX Bet has a sports betting license. At this time those states are Virginia, of course, and Colorado, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.