Unibet has continued to expand in the US as Virginia became the fourth state with a Unibet online sportsbook.
The great news for sports bettors is that Unibet Virginia gives you a sign-up bonus just for opening a new account and making a deposit. You also need to enter the Unibet Sportsbook Virginia promo code BETBONUS. When you do you’ll receive a refund of up to $100 if your first bet loses. Try Unibet Today to get your risk-free bet up to $100!
This page will walk you through how to create a Unibet VA account and make sure you qualify for the $100 risk-free opening wager, as well as covering banking options at the online sportsbook, additional promotions and your available betting options. First up is the sign-up bonus.
Unibet Virginia sign-up bonus is a $100 risk free bet
When you are opening a Unibet VA account, the Unibet sign-up bonus is great because it is a risk-free first bet of up to $100. All you need to do is enter the Unibet promo code BETBONUS, make a deposit and then place a bet of at least $10, and if it loses you’ll receive a refund for the same amount (up to the max) as bonus funds.
The vast majority of online sportsbooks that offer risk-free bets provide refunds as free bets. Players then must wager that money and hope they win, but even if they win, they only receive the winnings from the wager, not the wager itself. At Unibet, though, if you end up with a bonus cash refund. That means when you bet with you, if you win, you get the bet stake back as well. The only thing you can’t do is simply withdraw your Unibet bonus cash.
Unibet Sportsbook Virginia promotions
While the Unibet welcome offer is one of our favorites, it is by no means the sportsbook’s only promotion. Here’s a look at some additional promos for once you get settled:
- Cash-back offers: These are not super plentiful, but when you see one, make sure you take advantage because it is essentially a risk-free offer, just like Unibet’s welcome bonus. For example, for the Champions League, users could place a $20 same-game combo on any game of their choosing, and if it lost they received their $20 back as cash.
- No-brainer specials: Unibet also runs no-brainer specials, which are easy ways to increase your bankroll. For example, prior to the 2021 NFL draft, Unibet boosted the odds of Trevor Lawrence being the No. 1 pick from -10,000 to +100. Bets were limited to $25, but the odds boost changed potential winnings from $0.25 to $25.
- Parlay booster: Unibet also has one of the best parlay boosters we’ve seen. That’s because the increases are substantial and the sportsbook pays them out in cash. The only stipulation is that each leg of your parlay must have odds of -200 or longer. Here’s a breakdown of the increases:
- Three legs = 4% boost
- Four legs = 8%
- Five legs = 12%
- Six legs = 16%
- Seven legs = 20%
- Eight legs = 25%
- Nine legs = 30%
- Ten legs = 35%
- Eleven legs = 40%
- Twelve legs = 50%
- Live betting boosts: You’ll see that Unibet offers live betting boosts for entire weeks. Usually the offer is as simple as “get a 20% profit boost for any live NBA bet” this week. Even though the offer does last for an entire week, each user only gets to use the profit boost one time.
The Unibet promotions are plentiful and of a high quality. We can’t stress enough how rare it is to see an online sportsbook pay out so many bonuses in cash as opposed to free bets.
Is Unibet legal in Virginia?
Yes, Unibet Sportsbook received a sports wagering license in Old Dominion from the Virginia Lottery in April 2021.
To legally bet in Virginia, you have to be 21 or older and you must be in the state whenever you want to place a bet. You’ll need to activate geolocation on the device you use to bet to confirm your location to the sportsbook.
A couple of Virginia-specific rules are that you are not allowed to wager on in-state college teams, and college live betting is not permitted at all.
How to create a Unibet account in Virginia
Start by opening the Unibet website or app and clicking the “Join Now” button. Once the application screen opens, you will need to enter the following information:
- Last four digits of your Social Security number
- Unibet Virginia promo code BETBONUS
Then you’ll create a username and password and answer some questions to verify your identity. If you get any of the questions wrong, you’ll need to upload an image of a photo ID.
Unibet Sportsbook app in Virginia – $100 bonus
The Unibet app is available for free on Android and Apple devices. To download it, follow one of the links on this page to the Unibet Sportsbook site, look for buttons to get the app, click the one appropriate for your device and follow the prompts from there to download and install the app.
Navigating the Unibet app
We are excited to see Unibet’s Virginia sportsbook app is a marked improvement from Unibet’s New Jersey offering. The app Virginia sports bettors are getting is sleeker and much easier to get the hang of, especially for those new to sports betting.
There are numerous ways to maneuver around in the app. If you know exactly what you want to bet on, simply type the team, sport or league into the search bar. You also can click on the sports logos along the top of the page or the sports listings in the middle of the page to find what you’re after.
Users also can change which odds are displayed on the main sports pages, which can be particularly handy. The default is to show the spread, moneyline and total odds, which is typical for mobile sportsbooks. But depending on the sport you’re looking at you can choose to see other lines (first half spread, first half total, first half moneyline, etc.) without leaving that page.
Placing wagers on the Unibet app is the same as at most other online sportsbooks in Virginia. Simply click on a bet and it changes color from green to yellow, indicating that it’s been added to your betslip. To create multi-bets, just continue selecting wagers. Then, when you’re ready to place the bet, open your betslip, double check the odds, add your wager amount and place the bet.
Overall Unibet’s mobile app is a very solid offering for Virginia sports bettors. It doesn’t have a whole lot of bells and whistles, but it also doesn’t really need them. We’re very comfortable in giving Unibet our recommendation.
Best features of the Unibet Virginia app
While Unibet’s sportsbook app has many strong points, here are our favorites.
- Bonuses: The great promotions start when you first sign up with Unibet and they just keep going afterward. What we really love is that most of them pay out in cash, unlike most other oddsmakers that use free bets.
- Betting markets: Unibet offers a variety of betting options, from all the top sports and leagues to more fringe sports like table tennis, cycling and rugby.
- Cashier: It’s always nice to see a sportsbook with plenty of options for moving money into and out of your account. Unibet offers a solid range for each.
How could Unibet Sportsbook improve?
Here are the areas we would most like to see Unibet improve.
- Add a loyalty club: While we love all the promotions Unibet has to offer, it’s disappointing that the sportsbook doesn’t have a rewards program.
- Odds boosts: This is a pretty minor criticism and one that very well might change going forward, but Unibet doesn’t offer enough daily odds boosts in our opinion. Now we might be a little spoiled with the offerings at some other VA sportsbooks, but either way we’d like to see Unibet offer a few more odds boosts each day.
- Custom same-game parlays: Unibet offers a limited number of prebuilt same-game parlays, but does not yet allow you to build your own SGPs.
Types of bets available on Unibet Virginia sportsbook
- Moneylines: Bet on the team you think will win. The odds dictate which team is favored — negative for favorites, positive for underdogs — and how much you can expect to win from a correct wager.
- Point spreads: Your wager must take an estimated margin of victory — the spread — into account. For a bet on a favored team to win, that team must win by more than the spread, and an underdog must avoid losing by more than the same number.
- Totals: Wager on the total combined score for both teams in a game. The sportsbook will set a line, and you choose whether the actual total will be over or under that number.
- Props: Side wagers on whether individual players or teams will reach certain statistical marks or accomplishments, or whether something will happen in the game itself, such as whether overtime will be necessary.
- Parlays: Combine multiple bets into a single wager in order to get better odds. Each of those bets, however, must be correct for you to win your parlay. The more legs you add to the parlay, the bigger the potential payout, but the tougher it is to win.
- Teasers: Like a parlay, but only involving spread bets, and you can move the line for all of the games in your favor.
- Round robins: Also similar to a parlay, except in this case your selections are arranged so all is not lost if you miss one.
- Futures: Long-term wagers such as futures betting on teams to win division or league titles or overall championships, or betting on players to win awards.
- Live betting: Bet on games in real time, with odds changing as events unfold on the field. Keep in mind, though, that live betting is prohibited for all college sports in Virginia.
Sports you can bet on at Unibet in Virginia
Additionally, you’ll find betting markets for the PGA Tour, WTA and ATP tennis, UFC, NASCAR and soccer leagues from around the globe like the Champions League, Liga MX, Serie A, La Liga, Bundesliga and the English Premier League.
Unibet even has markets for smaller, more niche sports like table tennis, rugby and cricket.
Virginia sports team betting guide
There aren’t any pro teams from Virginia that you can wager on, and since betting on Virginia-based college sports teams is against the law, all those teams are out as well. However, there are a number of teams nearby that you can bet on:
- In the NFL you have the Washington Football Team and Baltimore Ravens.
- Major League Baseball is home to the Baltimore Orioles and Washington Nationals.
- The NBA features the Washington Wizards and Charlotte Hornets.
- The NHL has the Washington Capitals and Carolina Hurricanes.
- And the WNBA features just one team, the Washington Mystics.
Unibet Virginia futures market
Unibet has a fairly deep and diverse selection of futures bets. If you want to wager on NBA futures, for example, click on the NBA page and you’ll see three headers at the top of the page: “Live & Upcoming,” “Futures” and “All Basketball.” You’ll choose “Futures,” at which point you’ll see all your options for betting.
At the time we checked you could bet on who would win the NBA title, Eastern or Western Conference titles or any of the division titles. As for player futures, you could bet on the MVP winner, Rookie of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year, Most Improved Player or Sixth Man of the Year.
Payment options on the Unibet sports betting app
Unibet does a great job of offering you a number of ways to fund your account and withdraw money. Here’s a rundown of all your options:
Depositing at Unibet
- Debit or credit card (Mastercard or Visa)
- ACH (e-check)
- Online bank transfer
- Play+ prepaid debit card
Withdrawing at Unibet
- Online bank transfer
- Play+ prepaid debit card
Note: You can make a withdrawal with PayPal only if you had previously made a deposit with PayPal.
How to contact Unibet customer support
Unibet offers three ways to speak directly with a representative:
- By phone, 844-996-2316
- By email, [email protected]
- Via live chat, done by selecting the “Chat” button on the Unibet app or website
You also can peruse the Unibet support page to try to solve the problem yourself.
Responsible gambling at Unibet VA Sportsbook
As a top sportsbook, Unibet takes steps to foster a responsible gambling environment. To that end, you have a number of options when it comes to setting limits on your account. You can place restrictions on the following:
- The size of a single bet.
- The amount you can deposit.
- How much you can spend in a set period of time.
- How much time you can spend on Unibet.
Additionally, Unibet provides numbers to call to get help and allows you to shut down your account if you want.
Where is the Unibet retail sportsbook?
Unibet received a stand-alone mobile sports betting license in Virginia. So, unless it acquires a different sports wagering license in the future, it won’t have a retail sportsbook in the state.
Is Unibet the best sportsbook in Virginia?
While Unibet has a lot of great things to offer Virginia sports bettors, we do not regard it as the top sportsbook in the state.
The fact that many bettors have multiple sportsbook accounts, though, means Unibet could be a great option if you want to take advantage of the sportsbook’s welcome offers. You could then also use Unibet if it has better odds or better promotions than the competition for the bets you want to place.
Unibet VA FAQ
What is the Unibet bonus code?
The Unibet promo code is BETBONUS. When you sign up with Unibet Sportsbook VA and enter BETBONUS you’ll receive a risk-free first bet for up to $100.
Is Unibet licensed in Virginia?
Yes, Unibet received a stand-alone mobile sports wagering license in 2021 from the Virginia Lottery, which oversees sports betting in the state. If you encounter any problems or have any concerns with Unibet or any other sportsbook, you can contact the lottery at 804-692-7777 or [email protected]
What is the minimum age to bet at Unibet Sportsbook in Virginia?
The minimum age to bet on sports in Virginia is 21. Also, to ensure that you are in Virginia, you will need to have geolocation active on the device you use to place bets.
Can I bet on college sports at Unibet?
Yes, you can wager on NCAA games using the Unibet app. However, you cannot bet on games featuring Virginia-based college teams. Additionally, the state prohibits live betting on all college sports.
How does the Unibet app compare to DraftKings?
DraftKings has a more visually appealing app that has less of a learning curve than Unibet. However, we prefer the welcome bonuses at Unibet to those at DraftKings. Also, most DraftKings promotions pay out rewards in the form of free bets, while Unibet usually offers cash.
Can I use Unibet outside of Virginia?
Not really. Unibet is only licensed and operational in three other states (New Jersey, Indiana and Pennsylvania). Not only that, but Unibet has different apps and websites for all of those states. The one thing you will be able to do outside of Virginia, though, is make deposits and withdrawals.