WynnBET Sportsbook Review and Bonus Code
Not only does WynnBET Sportsbook offer Virginians a great option for sports betting, but thanks to its partnership with NASCAR, the online sportsbook might be the best way to bet on auto racing in the state. The WynnBET app allows users to place bets from anywhere in Old Dominion and offers new users a risk-free bet up to $100 on registration.
If you are new to sports betting, don’t worry because this review has you covered. We tell you exactly how to get signed up with Wynn, detail the welcome bonus, walk you through banking on the app and inform you about the sports you can bet on and various types of wagers you can place at WynnBET.
And if you’re a more experienced sports bettor, you can just head to the welcome bonus section, create your new account and begin betting with a risk-free wager.
WynnBET Sportsbook welcome bonus
You can claim WynnBET’s welcome offer by using one of our links to the online VA sportsbook, opening an account and making a deposit of $20 or more. Here are the full details.
- After creating a new account and making a real money deposit of at least $20, your first bet will automatically be risk free.
- You have 10 days from the time you make your deposit to place your risk-free wager.
- To be eligible, your first bet at can be either a straight bet or a parlay, but it cannot involve any boosted odds or any type of bet insurance.
- It also must have odds between -150 and +10,000.
- If your wager wins, you collect your winnings as normal. If your wager loses, you will receive a bet credit equal to your initial wager, up to $100.
- Your bet credit will include an expiration, so check the date and be sure to use it before then.
- You do not receive the amount of the bet credit back if your bet wins; you only get the winnings from that wager. And just like with your initial bet, you cannot use the free bet on any boosted odds at WynnBET.
While that may seem like a lot of red tape, it’s really not. In fact, the odds restrictions are much less than you’ll find at other online sportsbooks, and the fact that parlays are eligible for your first bet and the free bet is something you don’t see that frequently, either.
WynnBET bonus code 2022
|Online Sportsbook||WynnBET Sportsbook VA|
|Promo code||None - Use Links|
|Risk-free first bet offer||Up to $100|
|Online since||March 2021|
|Last updated||October 2022|
WynnBET Sportsbook Virginia promotions
Promotions change from time to time at the WynnBET sportsbook. Here are some examples of what they offer:
- Spin the Wheel: For this promotion, bettors receive chips for losing bets and then use those chips to spin WynnBET’s prize wheel. The potential prizes range from parlay insurance to odds boosts and even comped rooms at Wynn Resorts around the world.
- Boosted odds: Most of the time, odds boosts are pretty straightforward: A sportsbook increases the odds for specific bets, and all users can claim those odds. However, WynnBET has done it where it offers odds boosts only to the initial 50 bettors to claim them. On the positive side, the boosts can be better, but on the negative, you could miss out.
Is WynnBET legal in Virginia?
Yes, WynnBET Sportsbook is licensed by the Virginia Lottery, which oversees sports betting throughout the state. Virginia sports betting law allows for four to 12 online sportsbooks in the state.
You must be 21 or older and within state lines when placing bets. That is why you need to have geolocation software on the device you are using to bet. If GPS cannot pinpoint your location or places you outside of the state, you won’t be able to bet. Virginia also prohibits betting on any college games involving Virginia-based teams.
How to create a WynnBET account in Virginia
You can sign up with WynnBET on your computer, smartphone or tablet, and it only takes a matter of minutes. After opening the website, click “Register” and input the following details:
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Social Security number (last four digits)
All that’s left is verifying that the details you entered are correct and that you’re 21 or older. After clicking “Complete registration,” you will be ready to go. Make a first deposit of $20 or more if you want to claim the risk-free bet offer.
WynnBET Sportsbook app
Currently, Michigan is the only state where WynnBET has both an app and desktop site. We hope to see the same eventually in Virginia, because when you’re working on your desktop or laptop, you don’t want to have to get your mobile device in order to make a sports bet.
How to download the app in Virginia
But until that happens, the WynnBET sports betting app is available and works well on Android and iOS devices. You can download both the Apple and Android versions from the sportsbook’s website. The app takes just a few minutes or less to install, and then you can create your Wynn Sportsbook account and get to betting.
Navigating the WynnBET app
One of our favorite characteristics about the app is how effortless it is to use. Across the top of the display are listings for all the sports that WynnBET has wagers for. That’s followed by a marquee with ongoing promotions and then right below that are the most popular events that you can bet on.
If you click “Soon,” the games on display change from the most popular to those starting the soonest. It can almost go unnoticed, but there’s a small tab labeled “Live,” and when you select it, all the live games that users can bet on will pop up.
If you need to access your account to make deposits or withdrawals, contact the help desk or change any of your settings, just tap WynnBET’s logo in the upper left corner.
How to bet on the WynnBET app
WynnBET has one of the best bet slips we’ve seen at an online sportsbook. As you tap on bets, they are added to your slip, which appears in a gold, square box along the bottom of your phone or tablet. You can position the box where you’d like by dragging it from side to side.
When you’re prepared to place your wager, simply click on the gold box and your bet slip will come up in full. Now you just have to decide if you want to make a parlay or single bet.
WynnBET lets users choose how much money they want to wager or how much they hope to win. If you enter a number in the “To win” field, the wager field will automatically populate with the size of the bet required to win that much money. When you are content with your wager, place the bet and wait to see if it wins.
In conclusion, we believe WynnBET’s app is a great entry into the Virginia sports betting scene. Getting the hang of the app shouldn’t take more than a few minutes; there is little to no lag time when moving from one page to another, and placing bets is easy.
Best features of the WynnBET Sportsbook app
Here are three of our favorite aspects about WynnBET’s sportsbook.
- Welcome offer: The ability to make a $100 bet and get a $100 free bet if it loses is solid. And let’s be clear, the goal of a risk-free bet is that you actually don’t need it. Ideally you’ll win big on that first bet, and your WynnBET bankroll will be in the black for a while.
- Support: It’s always great when an online sportsbook has representatives available 24 hours a day, and that’s exactly the case at WynnBET Virginia. While the phone number isn’t manned 24/7, the live chat feature is.
- Bet slip: Betting slips can get overlooked when checking out different sportsbook apps, but they shouldn’t be, because clearly betting is the most important part of a sportsbook app. And WynnBET has a great bet slip that makes wagering as simple as possible.
How could WynnBET improve?
And here are a few ways that WynnBET is falling a little short at the moment.
- Lack of promos: We mentioned how we are fans of WynnBET’s welcome bonus, but unfortunately the promotions after that are few and far between. We’re cautiously optimistic that the sportsbook will add more soon.
- Lack of a rewards club: Additionally, it would be stellar if WynnBET would add some type of rewards club. It can be as simple as giving players points for every dollar they bet and then allowing them to use those points for free bet credits.
- Lack of single-game parlays: We like single-game parlays, so of course we were disappointed to find out that WynnBET does not offer them at the moment. This is something we wouldn’t be shocked to see it begin offering in short order.
Types of bets available at WynnBET
Here’s a rundown of the types of bets you’ll be able to place at WynnBET along with explanations of how they function.
- Moneyline bets: The moneyline bet is a wager on which team or person will win a game or event or event outright.
- Point spreads: Betting against the spread means your wager will need to factor in the margin of victory. For instance, if a team is favored by 3.5 points, it must win by four or more for a bet on that team to win. A 3.5-point underdog, meanwhile, wins you your bet as long as it doesn’t lose by four or more points.
- Totals or over/unders: These are bets on the total number of points scored in a game (by both squads); who wins and loses is inconsequential.
- Props: Short for proposition bets, these are bets on whether specific events will take place during games Here are some prop bet examples: Will Lamar Jackson score a touchdown? Will Alexander Ovechkin record more than 1.5 points? Who will score 25 points first, Hornets or Wizards?
- Futures: Long-term wagers, for instance on teams to make or miss the playoffs or win Super Bowl titles, or on players to win regular or postseason awards in the top sports leagues in the US and abroad.
- Parlays: These are combinations of two or more wagers, and each pick has to be correct for your parlay to win.
- Teasers: Teasers used to force bettors to make spread bets for one sport and tease the line for all their selections by the same amount. Now you can bet on alternate lines for most games and just make those picks into parlays. The new system gives users much more freedom over how they want to bet.
- Round robins: Combined bets of three selections or more, grouped into pairings that allow you to get a bet wrong and not lose your whole wager.
- Live betting: This is when you place wagers on games that are in progress. The bigger the event, the more in game betting options you will have. When you select live games to bet on at WynnBET, you’ll see the score and time remaining at the top, with all the possible bets listed below.
Sports you can bet on at WynnBET in Virginia
WynnBET has betting markets for basically all the sports you could want. You can bet on NASCAR, as mentioned earlier, along with the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, PGA Tour, MLS, tennis and UFC. You can also bet on college football and NCAA basketball at WynnBET, but remember that betting on in-state college teams is not allowed in Virginia.
WynnBET also has markets for international sports leagues, including for soccer leagues like the English Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga and UEFA Champions League. You also will find sports like Aussie Rules Football and cycling.
Virginia sports teams you can bet on
While there are no pro teams in the major US sports leagues in Virginia, there are nearby franchises in Washington, D.C., Charlotte and Baltimore that we can bet on.
- NASCAR: Before we tackle the DC and Baltimore teams, let’s not forget about NASCAR. Virginia is home to more NASCAR Cup Series events each year than any state. That’s because of the races held at Richmond Speedway and Martinsville Speedway.
- Baltimore: Charm City is home to Major League Baseball’s Baltimore Orioles and the National Football League’s Baltimore Ravens. On the college side, the Coppin State Eagles, Loyola Greyhounds and Morgan State Bears all have basketball teams you can wager on at WynnBET, Morgan State also fields an FCS football team.
- Washington, DC: The District of Columbia has teams in the NBA (Washington Wizards), NFL (Washington Football Team), NHL (Washington Capitals), MLB (Washington Nationals) and MLS (DC United). For colleges, there are the Georgetown Hoyas and Howard Bison with basketball and football, and the American Eagles and George Washington Colonials which just have basketball.
- Charlotte: The Queen City boasts the Charlotte Hornets in the NBA and the Carolina Panthers in the NFL. As for college teams, the Charlotte 49ers play in Conference USA for basketball and football.
WynnBET Virginia futures market
WynnBET Sportsbook in Virginia has a quality futures market that allows users to wager on the top professional and college leagues and teams, though we have experienced a few issues with some of the betting markets at times.
Our issues have been specific to placing NHL futures. When you click on the NHL and then futures, it brings up a page with all the available odds. Unfortunately, from time to time it didn’t list the actual futures bet that you were making. Instead it just listed teams with odds. It wasn’t that difficult to figure out what league or conference to bet on, but still not ideal.
Overall, the futures markets on WynnBET are actually some of the easier ones to find. On top of that, Wynn offers plenty of markets for the top leagues, with player futures available as well. So get those Super Bowl, Stanley Cup and World Series bets ready to take your shot on WynnBET.
How to deposit and cash out on the WynnBET app
WynnBET doesn’t offer an abundance of deposit and withdrawal methods, but the ones it does offer should be more than sufficient for most users. Here are the ways you can deposit:
- Mastercard or Visa debit/credit cards
- PayPal (bank accounts only)
- WynnBET Play+ debit card
And here are your choices for making a withdrawal:
- PayPal (bank accounts only)
- WynnBET Play+ debit card
If and when Wynn adds a retail sportsbook in Virginia, users almost assuredly will be able to cash out and deposit at that location.
How to contact WynnBET customer support
WynnBET users have multiple ways to get in touch with the Wynn support team.
- Call 844-745-0948 (available from 10 a.m.-8 p.m.).
- Email [email protected]
- Live chat with a WynnBET representative using the website or app (available 24 hours a day).
WynnBET also has an FAQ page where patrons can go to look for solutions.
Responsible gambling at WynnBET
Wynn is a trusted name in the gambling arena, so it should not be a surprise that it takes responsible gambling seriously. You will be able to set your own gambling limits, add reminders that will pop up and show how long you have been on the site, self ban for a period of time or permanently bar yourself from WynnBET.
Where is the WynnBET retail sportsbook?
Currently there are no retail sportsbooks in Virginia, but that likely will be changing in the near future. If WynnBET adds a retail sportsbook in the state, we will tell you all about it.
Is WynnBET the best sportsbook in Virginia?
Sports betting really is still in its infancy in Virginia, so proclaiming a No. 1 sportsbook feels a little premature, but if you forced us to decide we would not rank WynnBET as the best at this time.
Right now, it feels as if it’s between DraftKings and FanDuel. Both of those sportsbooks have more of a proven track record outside of Virginia, and for that reason we would rank them ahead of WynnBET at the moment.
WynnBET Sportsbook FAQ
Definitely. WynnBET will be licensed by the Virginia Lottery, which runs sports betting in the state. You can reach the lottery by email ([email protected]) or phone (804-692-7777) if you have any questions or complaints you’d like to file.
WynnBET also has been licensed and is legal in New Jersey, Michigan and Colorado.
The minimum age to bet on sports in Virginia is 21. Additionally, bettors have to be in the state at the time they place any of their bets. To enforce this part of the law, users must install geolocation software on their phones, tablets and computers. If the software can’t confirm your whereabouts as being in Virginia, you cannot bet.
No. Betting on any in-state college team is prohibited at all Virginia sportsbooks. Live betting on all NCAA events also is banned in the state. Other than those two rules, though, betting on college sports at WynnBET Sportsbook is a go.
At this time you do. While WynnBET might add a desktop site in the future, right now it just has an app for betting in Virginia. The good news is that the app is free and it makes betting on your phone or tablet simple.
You do not have to go to a retail location to get signed up with WynnBET. You just need to download the app, and then to register you must supply your name, address, email, phone number, date of birth and Social Security number (last four digits), and you’ll be all set. Getting registered should take only a few minutes.
Basically no, while WynnBET Sportsbook is legal in Colorado, New Jersey and Michigan, you need a separate app in all those states to wager at WynnBET. If you open the WynnBET VA app outside of Virginia, you’ll be able to make changes to your account and deposit or withdraw funds, but betting on sports is 100% not possible.