The Liberty Flames (4-1) are massive, 19.5-point favorites at home versus the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (2-3) on Saturday, October 9, 2021. Both teams have tough defenses, with the Flames eighth in the country against the pass and the Blue Raiders 14th. The expected point total for the matchup is set at 59.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 9, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Due to Virginia State Law, betting is prohibited on Virginia college teams and college games played in Virginia.
- Game Day: Saturday, October 9, 2021
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Location: Lynchburg, Virginia
- Stadium: Williams Stadium
Flames Player Insights
- Malik Willis has thrown for 1,105 yards (221 ypg) to lead Liberty, completing 71% of his passes and tossing 11 touchdown passes this season. He’s also run for 418 yards (83.6 ypg) on 66 carries with six rushing touchdowns.
- This season T.J. Green has racked up 173 yards (34.6 per game) on 38 carries.
- Demario Douglas’ 375 receiving yards (75 yards per game) lead the team. He has 27 receptions with three touchdowns.
- C.J. Daniels has put up a 246-yard season so far (49.2 receiving yards per game) with four touchdowns, reeling in 13 passes.
- Kevin Shaa’s six grabs have netted him 107 yards (35.7 ypg) and two touchdowns.
Flames Team Stats
- The Flames have put an average of 34.2 points per game on the board this season, 4.8 more than the 29.4 the Blue Raiders have surrendered.
- In games where Liberty scores more than 29.4 points it has put together a record of 3-0.
- The Blue Raiders, on average, are scoring 15.4 more points per game this season (30) than the Flames are allowing (14.6).
- When Liberty limits opposing offenses to less than 30 points it is 4-1.
- The Flames offense holds a 166.4-yard advantage in yards gained per game versus yards allowed by the Blue Raiders defense this season (442.6 to 276.2).
- The Flames convert 46.4% of their third downs (34th in college football), while the Blue Raiders’ defense ranks 107th in that category (45%)
Flames Betting Insights
- Liberty has covered the spread in a matchup three times this season (3-1-0).
- In games they have played as 19.5-point favorites or more, the Flames have a perfect ATS record of 1-0.
- Games involving Liberty have hit the over once out of four chances this season.
- Last time out, the Flames took down the UAB Blazers, 36-12. The Flames covered the spread as 3-point underdogs.
- The teams combined to score 48 points, going under the 49-point over/under.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from