The Marshall Thundering Herd (2-3, 0-1 C-USA) are big favorites (-21.5) over the Old Dominion Monarchs (1-4, 0-1 C-USA), in a matchup of two teams on losing streaks. The Thundering Herd have fallen in three in a row, the Monarchs three in a row. The predicted point total for the matchup is 62.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 9, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Due to Virginia State Law, betting is prohibited on Virginia college teams and college games played in Virginia.
- Game Day: Saturday, October 9, 2021
- Game Time: 2:00 PM ET
- Location: Huntington, West Virginia
- Stadium: Joan C. Edwards Stadium
Monarchs Player Insights
- Darriel Mack Jr. has 753 passing yards (150.6 ypg) to lead Old Dominion, completing 53.1% of his passes and collecting four touchdown passes and five interceptions this season. He’s also helped out on the ground with 151 rushing yards (30.2 ypg) on 60 carries with six rushing touchdowns.
- Lala Davis’ team-high 255 rushing yards (63.8 per game) have come on 40 carries, with two touchdowns this year.
- This season Jon-Luke Peaker has taken 28 carries for 176 yards (44 per game) and one touchdown.
- Zack Kuntz’s 239 receiving yards (47.8 yards per game) lead the team. He has 24 receptions with two touchdowns.
- Ali Jennings has racked up 178 receiving yards (35.6 yards per game) and one touchdown, reeling in 15 passes this year.
- Stone Smartt’s 11 catches have yielded 105 yards (21 ypg).
Monarchs Team Stats
- The Monarchs’ average points scored this season (25.8) and the Thundering Herd’s average points allowed (24.8) are within one point.
- Old Dominion is 1-1 overall when scoring more than 24.8 points this season.
- The Thundering Herd rack up 37.8 points per game, 6.4 more than the Monarchs surrender per contest (31.4).
- When Old Dominion allows opponents to put up less than 37.8 points, it has a 1-2 record.
- The Monarchs offense has averaged 352 yards per game this season, within 11.6 yards of the 340.4 the Thundering Herd defense has allowed.
- The Monarchs are 110th-ranked in college football in sacks conceded (11), and are playing the team ranked first in bringing down opposing quarterbacks, the Thundering Herd (15).
Monarchs Betting Insights
- Old Dominion has put together a record of 2-2-1 against the spread this year.
- The Monarchs are winless against the spread when they are 21.5-point underdogs or more (0-1-1).
- Old Dominion games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under three times this season.
- The Monarchs lost in their last outing by a final score of 28-21 against the UTEP Miners, failing to cover the spread as 5.5-point underdogs.
- The teams combined for 49 points, hitting on the over on a over/under of 48.5 points.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from