The Virginia Cavaliers (6-2) will be attempting to continue a four-game winning streak against the No. 25 BYU Cougars (6-2). Despite that, the Cougars are slight favorites (-2.5). An over/under of 65 points has been set for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 29, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Due to Virginia State Law, betting is prohibited on Virginia college teams and college games played in Virginia.
- Game Day: Saturday, October 30, 2021
- Game Time: 10:15 PM ET
- Location: Provo, Utah
- Stadium: LaVell Edwards Stadium
Cavaliers Player Insights
- Brennan Armstrong has thrown for 3,220 yards (402.5 ypg) to lead Virginia, completing 64.2% of his passes and recording 23 touchdown passes and six interceptions this season. He’s also contributed in the ground game with 177 rushing yards (22.1 ypg) on 70 carries with five rushing touchdowns.
- The team’s top rusher, Wayne Taulapapa, has carried the ball 51 times for 258 yards (36.9 per game), with two touchdowns this year.
- This season Keytaon Thompson has racked up 26 carries for 193 yards (24.1 per game) and three touchdowns, while also catching 41 passes for 555 yards (69.4 per game).
- Dontayvion Wicks’ 847 receiving yards (105.9 yards per game) lead the team. He has 38 receptions with eight touchdowns.
- Billy Kemp’s 58 catches have netted him 546 yards (68.3 ypg) and five touchdowns.
Cavaliers Team Stats
- The Cavaliers have put an average of 37.6 points per game on the board this year, 15.1 more than the 22.5 the Cougars have surrendered.
- When it goes over what BYU gives up this season (22.5 points per game), Virginia is 6-1.
- The Cougars rack up just 0.4 fewer points per game (26) than the Cavaliers allow (26.4).
- When Virginia allows opponents to score less than 26 points, it has a 3-0 record.
- The Cavaliers have a 154.4-yard advantage in total yards gained per game versus total yards allowed compared to the Cougars (539.9 to 385.5).
- The Cougars give up third-down conversions on 44.4% of their opponents’ attempts (110th in the FBS). The Cavaliers have a 48.2% third-down conversion rate, which ranks 14th in college football.
Cavaliers Betting Insights
- Virginia has registered a 5-2-0 record against the spread this year.
- The Cavaliers are 2-1 ATS when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- This year, Virginia’s games have hit the over twice out of seven chances.
- Virginia has compiled a 4-2-0 record against the spread in conference action this year.
- The Cavaliers have covered the spread twice this season (2-1 ATS) when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs in ACC play.
- The Cavaliers picked up a 48-40 win last time out against the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, covering the spread as 6.5-point favorites.
- The teams combined for 88 points, going over on a over/under of 65.5 points.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from