The Louisville Cardinals (3-2, 1-1 ACC) are slim favorites (-2.5) versus the Virginia Cavaliers (3-2, 1-2 ACC) in a battle of two conference rivals. The expected point total for the matchup is set at 69.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 9, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Due to Virginia State Law, betting is prohibited on Virginia college teams and college games played in Virginia.
- Game Day: Saturday, October 9, 2021
- Game Time: 3:00 PM ET
- Location: Louisville, Kentucky
- Stadium: Cardinal Stadium
Cavaliers Player Insights
- Brennan Armstrong leads Virginia with 1,973 passing yards (394.6 ypg) on 145-of-224 passing with 14 touchdowns compared to four interceptions this season. He also adds 67 rushing yards (13.4 ypg) on 44 carries while scoring two touchdowns on the ground.
- The team’s top rusher, Wayne Taulapapa, has carried the ball 28 times for 143 yards (35.8 per game), with two touchdowns this year.
- This season Keytaon Thompson has 287 receiving yards (57.4 per game) on 20 catches, while also racking up 125 rushing yards (25 per game) on 14 attempts with one touchdown.
- Dontayvion Wicks’ 535 receiving yards (107 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s totaled 24 receptions and five touchdowns.
- Billy Kemp has totaled 362 receiving yards (72.4 yards per game) and three touchdowns, hauling in 34 passes this year.
Cavaliers Team Stats
- The Cavaliers have averaged 6.0 more points scored this year (34.2) than the Cardinals have allowed (28.2).
- In games where Virginia scores over 28.2 points this year, it has put together a record of 3-1.
- This year, the Cardinals score 4.6 more points per game (32.2) than the Cavaliers give up (27.6).
- When Virginia allows opponents to score less than 32.2 points, it has a 3-0 record.
- The Cardinals defense has surrendered 434.8 yards per game this year, 91.8 yards fewer than the 526.6-yard average from the Cavaliers offense.
- The Cavaliers average 398 passing yards per game (second in the FBS) compared to the 261.2 per game the Cardinals give up (112th in college football).
Cavaliers Betting Insights
- Virginia has covered the spread two times this season (2-2-0).
- In games they have played as 2.5-point underdogs or more, the Cavaliers have an ATS record of 1-1.
- This year, Virginia’s games have hit the over once out of four chances.
- Virginia has a record of 1-2-0 against the spread in conference games this season.
- The Cavaliers have been an underdog by 2.5 points or more two times this season in ACC play, and covered the spread in one of those games.
- The Cavaliers picked up a 30-28 victory last time out against the Miami Hurricanes, covering the spread as 3.5-point underdogs.
- The teams faced a total of 63.5 and hit on the under.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from