The Virginia Tech Hokies (3-4, 1-2 ACC) will be attempting to end a three-game losing run against the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (3-4, 2-3 ACC). The Yellow Jackets are the favorites, expected to win by at least a field goal but less than a touchdown (currently -3.5). The predicted point total for the matchup is 55.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 30, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Due to Virginia State Law, betting is prohibited on Virginia college teams and college games played in Virginia.
- Game Day: Saturday, October 30, 2021
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Bobby Dodd Stadium
Hokies Player Insights
- Braxton Burmeister leads Virginia Tech with 1,099 passing yards (157 ypg) on 84-of-159 passing with six touchdowns compared to three interceptions this season. He also adds 170 rushing yards (24.3 ypg) on 64 carries while scoring two touchdowns on the ground.
- Raheem Blackshear’s team-high 273 rushing yards (39 per game) have come on 62 carries, with four touchdowns this year. He’s also added 175 yards (25 per game) on 14 catches.
- This season Malachi Thomas has rushed for 187 yards (62.3 per game) on 30 carries with three touchdowns.
- Tre Turner’s 415 receiving yards (59.3 yards per game) lead the team. He has 27 receptions with one touchdown.
- Tayvion Robinson has totaled 255 receiving yards (36.4 yards per game) and two touchdowns, reeling in 23 passes this year.
Hokies Team Stats
- The Hokies have averaged 5.2 fewer points per game (23.7) than the Yellow Jackets have allowed (28.9).
- Virginia Tech is 1-2 overall when scoring more than 28.9 points this season.
- This year, the Yellow Jackets rack up seven more points per game (30.1) than the Hokies give up (23.1).
- This season Virginia Tech has a 3-2 record in games when it holds opponents to fewer than 30.1 points.
- The Yellow Jackets defense has allowed 418.7 yards per game in 2021, 130.6 yards more than the 288.1 the Hokies offense has averaged.
- The Yellow Jackets allow third-down conversions on 44.6% of their opponents’ attempts (111th in the FBS). The Hokies have a 42.7% third-down conversion rate, which ranks 45th in college football.
Hokies Betting Insights
- Virginia Tech has gone 2-5-0 against the spread this season.
- The Hokies have an ATS record of 1-1 when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- Games involving Virginia Tech have hit the over twice this year.
- Virginia Tech has covered once in three games with a spread this season in conference action.
- The Hokies have covered the spread once when an underdog by 3.5 points or more this year (in two opportunities) in ACC play.
- The Hokies lost in their last outing by a final score of 41-36 against the Syracuse Orange, failing to cover the spread as 3.5-point favorites.
- Bookmakers posted an over/under of 45.5 for the matchup, and the teams hit on the over.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from