The No. 14 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (4-1) are considered favorites (-1) according to the oddsmakers ahead of their game against the Virginia Tech Hokies (3-1) on October 9, 2021, starting at 7:30 PM ET. An over/under of 47 points has been set for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 7, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Due to Virginia State Law, betting is prohibited on Virginia college teams and college games played in Virginia.
- Game Day: Saturday, October 9, 2021
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Location: Blacksburg, Virginia
- Stadium: Lane Stadium
Up to $1,200 BONUS
New User Bonus. T&Cs Apply.
DraftKings Promo: Bet $5 Win $150
PLUS $50 Bonus Bet On Deposit
PLUS Up to $1,000 Deposit Bonus
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
To Claim: Click Play Now
Up to $1,250
Stream NFL Games In App For Free
+ Get 1,000 Caesars Reward & $1,000 Tier Credits
Redeem for Bet Credits, Hotel Stays, & More!
Use Promo Code: LEGALFULL
Hokies Player Insights
- Braxton Burmeister has thrown for 604 yards (151 ypg) to lead Virginia Tech, completing 62.3% of his passes and tossing four touchdown passes and one interception this season. He’s also contributed in the ground game with 88 rushing yards (22 ypg) on 36 carries with one rushing touchdown.
- Jalen Holston’s team-high 159 rushing yards (39.8 per game) have come on 37 carries, with one touchdown this year.
- This season Raheem Blackshear has rushed for 142 yards (35.5 per game) on 37 carries with three touchdowns, while also hauling in 122 yards (30.5 per game) on 10 catches.
- Tre Turner’s team-leading 250 receiving yards (62.5 yards per game) have come on 16 receptions with one touchdown.
- Tayvion Robinson has collected 125 receiving yards (31.3 yards per game) and one touchdown, hauling in 10 passes this year.
Hokies Team Stats
- The Fighting Irish have allowed 23.4 points per game this season, close to the same amount as the 23.5 the Hokies have scored.
- This year, the Fighting Irish average 15.5 more points per game (30.8) than the Hokies give up (15.3).
- This season Virginia Tech has a 3-1 record in games when it holds opponents to less than 30.8 points.
- The Fighting Irish defense has allowed 368.8 yards per game in 2021, 109.8 yards more than the 259 the Hokies offense has averaged.
- The Hokies have the 111th-ranked rushing offense in the FBS (108 yards per game). They take on the Fighting Irish’s 48th-ranked rushing defense, which allows 123.4 on the ground per game.
$50 Free Bet On Deposit + 20% Up To $1000 On Deposit
Hokies Betting Insights
- Virginia Tech has gone 2-2-0 against the spread this season.
- The Hokies have an ATS record of 1-1 when playing as at least 1-point underdogs.
- Virginia Tech’s games have yet to go over the total once this season.
- The Hokies have won their only ACC game this year when playing as at least 1-point underdogs.
- The Hokies picked up a 21-10 victory last time out against the Richmond Spiders, failing to cover the spread as 29-point favorites.
- A total of 50 was set for that game, which the teams went under.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from