The Pittsburgh Panthers (4-1, 1-0 ACC) bring the first-ranked scoring offense in the country into a contest versus the Virginia Tech Hokies (3-2, 1-0 ACC), with the No. 24 scoring D, on Saturday, October 16, 2021. The Panthers are 6.5-point favorites. The matchup has an over/under of 55.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 16, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Due to Virginia State Law, betting is prohibited on Virginia college teams and college games played in Virginia.
- Game Day: Saturday, October 16, 2021
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Location: Blacksburg, Virginia
- Stadium: Lane Stadium
Up to $1,250 BONUS
New User Bonus. T&Cs Apply.
DraftKings Promo: Bet $5 Get $200
PLUS $50 Bonus Bet On Deposit
PLUS Up to $1,000 Deposit Bonus
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
To Claim: Click Play Now
Up to $1,250
Stream NFL Games In App For Free
+ Get 1,000 Caesars Reward & $1,000 Tier Credits
Redeem for Bet Credits, Hotel Stays, & More!
Use Promo Code: LEGALFULL
Hokies Player Insights
- Braxton Burmeister leads Virginia Tech with 788 passing yards (157.6 ypg) on 63-of-107 passing with four touchdowns compared to two interceptions this season. He also adds 137 rushing yards (27.4 ypg) on 46 carries while scoring two touchdowns on the ground.
- The team’s top rusher, Raheem Blackshear, has carried the ball 45 times for 177 yards (35.4 per game), with four touchdowns this year. He’s proven to be a dual threat, racking up 144 receiving yards (28.8 per game) on 12 catches.
- This season Jalen Holston has piled up 42 carries for 158 yards (31.6 per game) and one touchdown.
- Tre Turner’s team-leading 330 receiving yards (66 yards per game) have come on 22 receptions with one touchdown.
- Tayvion Robinson has reeled in 15 passes for 178 yards (35.6 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
Hokies Team Stats
- The Hokies have put roughly the same amount of points on the board per game this year (24.6) as the Panthers have allowed (22.6).
- In games where Virginia Tech scores more than 22.6 points this season, it has put together a record of 1-1.
- The Panthers average 33.8 more points per game (52.4) than the Hokies give up (18.6).
- This season Virginia Tech has a 3-2 record in games when it holds opponents to less than 52.4 points.
- The Panthers defense has surrendered 335 yards per game in 2021, 63.6 yards more than the 271.4 the Hokies offense has averaged.
- The Hokies average 3.3 yards per carry (111th in college football) compared to the three per attempt the Panthers allow (17th in the FBS).
$50 Free Bet On Deposit + 20% Up To $1000 On Deposit
Hokies Betting Insights
- Virginia Tech has covered the spread two times over five games with a set spread.
- Virginia Tech’s games have gone over the total once this season.
- In their most recent outing, the Hokies took on the Notre Dame Fighting Irish and fell short by a final score of 32-29, failing to cover the spread as 1-point favorites.
- The teams combined to score 61 points, hitting on the over on a over/under of 47 points.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from