The Syracuse Orange (3-4, 0-3 ACC) will be aiming to end a three-game losing streak against the Virginia Tech Hokies (3-3, 1-1 ACC). The Hokies are the favorites, expected to win by at least a field goal but less than a touchdown (currently -3.5). The game has an over/under of 45.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 23, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Due to Virginia State Law, betting is prohibited on Virginia college teams and college games played in Virginia.
- Game Day: Saturday, October 23, 2021
- Game Time: 12:30 PM ET
- Location: Blacksburg, Virginia
- Stadium: Lane Stadium
Hokies Player Insights
- Braxton Burmeister leads Virginia Tech with 922 passing yards (153.7 ypg) on 74-of-139 passing with five touchdowns compared to three interceptions this season. He also adds 156 rushing yards (26 ypg) on 55 carries while scoring two touchdowns on the ground.
- The team’s top rusher, Raheem Blackshear, has carried the ball 52 times for 195 yards (32.5 per game), with four touchdowns this year. He’s proven to be a dual threat, racking up 145 receiving yards (24.2 per game) on 13 catches.
- This season Jalen Holston has taken 47 carries for 176 yards (29.3 per game) and one touchdown.
- Tre Turner’s team-high 403 receiving yards (67.2 yards per game) have come on 25 receptions with one touchdown.
- Tayvion Robinson has put up a 198-yard season so far (33 receiving yards per game) with two touchdowns, hauling in 20 passes.
Hokies Team Stats
- The Hokies have put roughly the same amount of points on the board per game (21.7) as the Orange have allowed (23).
- When it meets or exceeds what Syracuse gives up this season (23 points per game), Virginia Tech is 1-1.
- The Orange have scored 29 points per game this season, 8.8 more than the Hokies have given up.
- When Virginia Tech limits opposing offenses to less than 29 points it is 3-2.
- The Hokies offense has averaged 263.3 yards per game this season, 45.7 yards fewer than the 309 allowed by the Orange defense.
- The Orange allow 309 yards per game (22nd-fewest in college football), and the Hokies accumulate 263.3 per game to rank 123rd.
Hokies Betting Insights
- Virginia Tech has covered the spread two times in six games with a set spread.
- The Hokies have an ATS record of 1-1 when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites.
- Games involving Virginia Tech have hit the over once this season.
- The Hokies lost 28-7 last time out when they faced the Pittsburgh Panthers. The Panthers were listed as 6.5-point favorites and won against that spread.
- The teams combined to score 35 points, going under the 55.5-point over/under.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from