The Wake Forest Demon Deacons (3-0, 1-0 ACC) will be aiming to continue a three-game winning run against the Virginia Cavaliers (2-1, 0-1 ACC). Despite that, the Cavaliers are the favorites, expected to win by at least a field goal but less than a touchdown (currently -3.5). The expected point total for the matchup is set at 68.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 24, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Due to Virginia State Law, betting is prohibited on Virginia college teams and college games played in Virginia.
- Game Day: Friday, September 24, 2021
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Location: Charlottesville, Virginia
- Stadium: Scott Stadium
Cavaliers Player Insights
- Brennan Armstrong has thrown for 1,298 yards (432.7 ypg) to lead Virginia, completing 71.9% of his passes and tossing 11 touchdown passes and two interceptions this season.
- Wayne Taulapapa’s team-high 81 rushing yards (27 per game) have come on 17 carries, with one touchdown this year.
- This season Keytaon Thompson has 197 receiving yards (65.7 per game) on 14 catches, while also racking up 78 rushing yards (26 per game) on 11 carries with one touchdown.
- Dontayvion Wicks’ team-high 346 receiving yards (115.3 yards per game) have come on 14 receptions with three touchdowns.
- Billy Kemp has racked up 216 receiving yards (72 yards per game) and three touchdowns, hauling in 18 passes this year.
Cavaliers Team Stats
- The Cavaliers have scored 41.3 points per game this season, 28.0 more than the Demon Deacons have given up.
- In games where Virginia scores more than 13.3 points it has put together a record of 2-1.
- The Demon Deacons, on average, score 15.0 more points (39.3) than the Cavaliers allow (24.3).
- When Virginia limits opposing offenses to less than 39.3 points it is 2-0.
- The Cavaliers offense has averaged 559.3 yards per game this season, 251.0 more than the 308.3 the Demon Deacons defense has allowed.
- The Cavaliers are the FBS’ 49th-ranked offense in terms of committing turnovers (3), and are facing the first-ranked team in turnovers forced, the Demon Deacons (9).
Cavaliers Betting Insights
- Virginia has gone 1-1-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 3.5-point favorites or more, the Cavaliers have a perfect ATS record of 1-0.
- Last time out, the Cavaliers lost to the North Carolina Tar Heels, 59-39. The Tar Heels won against the spread as 7.5-point favorites.
- The two teams combined to hit the over on the 66-point over/under.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from